004. a much needed conversation

OCTOBER 30, 2019

The mid-morning of the 30th of October, 2019, at exactly 11:45 AM, it was announced by JYP Entertainment that Ryeo Seonghwan, going by his stage name Suhwan (pronounced soo-hwan) was joining the lineup of Stray Kids.

Immediately following JYP's official announcement, the internet exploded with anticipation as fans unearthed as much as they could of him on the internet. Which did not take long, as quite a bit was known of him due to his pre-debut activities which had already garnered him a small fanbase. His history as an SM Rookie was quick to spread (like a raging wildfire in California during the summer fire season) over the internet as netizens became more familiar with him. Including the plethora of debates and arguments that spawned in forums and comment sections over this news.

Shortly following the announcement of Stray Kids losing an integral member of their group, with the announcement that they were to be adding a new one left a sour taste in the mouths of many. Most of which detested the idea of JYPE replacing the departing member so quickly. The internet was not happy.

(Other than the small section of the internet who had already been fans of Suna, who remained optimistic for Suna's debut, as well as the growing number of netizens who were reasonably neutral in the whole matter, feeling sorry for Suna and Skz both for such inopportune circumstances they were forced into.)

And neither was Suna, as he woke up early in the hours of the morning, at about 3 AM (plenty of time before the release of the statement announcing his presence). He'd gotten up quietly, grabbing his necessary belongings and bringing them with him to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After fifteen minutes (five of which was used to shower while the other ten had been spent standing under the water going into an existential crisis over his anxiety of having to actually interact with his new members with the slowly encroaching morning and impending future), Suna was dressing in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, over which he'd eventually pull on a comfortable hoodie. He's quick to brush his teeth and fulfill his morning skincare routine (something he'd gotten into the habit of doing thanks to his grandma, who was a skincare expert).

Once finished, Suna was near silent as he made his way to the kitchen to get a quick meal. His appetite coming back with a vengeance after he'd skipped dinner the previous night in favor of sleeping (and avoiding having to interact with any of the other members). The leftovers of his grandmother's food she'd made for the dorm for dinner were easy to find, and after heating it up in the microwave, Suna sat at the dining table to eat.

Having the home cooked meal was nice, and he made sure to eat slowly so as to savor the homemade food of which he had a feeling he would not be eating for a while, though it did make him feel a little sad because he missed his grandmother and grandfather plenty. Especially since there he had his own room. He'd lived with them for six years- just short of seven by a few months- since he was nine years old. He'd basically grown up under the care of his grandparents, with the numerous visits from his parents and siblings during winter and summer break vacations in an effort for his family to stay present in Suna's life so far from home. It was weird to no longer be living there, without them.

Finishing his meal, Suna was careful to quietly wash his dishes (and whichever ones there were left over in the sink to be cleaned because he might as well), before making his way back into the bedroom.

All three boys were still asleep, thank the universe for that, so Suna grabbed his laptop, charger, and headset, and took it with him into the living room. It was still only 4:12 AM. He was up and wouldn't be able to fall back asleep anytime soon, so he may as well get some work done. There's been a song he was working on that he hadn't quite gotten right, so there was no time like the present to work on it.