Chapter-10 HEALING

Opening the door she ran in the corridor facing the floor without caring about the people who were throwing glares at her. When she was about to reach the end of the corridor, the room's door opened and she accidentally bumped into someone. Without thinking anything she hastily tried to move away mumbling a little sorry which didn't even reach her own ears. "Emira? " a soft yet dominant voice came in her ears making her look up. There stood Shaheer holding her by her arms.

The door by the end of the corridor opened, and shaheer stepped out of the room. His hands tucked in his pants. He was saying something to Hamis when suddenly someone bumped into him. He immediately grabbed the girl avoiding her to fall. But the moment his eyes met hers, his eyes grew wide. Her face completely wet with tears, her eyes and little nose red, right cheek has red marks.

''Emira?"  he said, gripping her more tightly avoiding her to slip away when she tried to, but stopped when he called her. She lifted her wet eyes, frowning, weeping and whimpering. The very next moment she engulfed him in a tight hug, pulling him more closer as if he will disappear any minute if she left him. He could feel her chest shuddering because of less breath. She snuggled her head in his crook mumbling "i don't wanna- go- with him" she clutches his coat from his nape.

Shaheer couldn't understand what happened to her. With whom she didn't wanna go. He hugged her back
"what happened Emira?" he asked being confused. Trying to pull away from the hug but she held him tight. Giving no response she continued whispering and crying "Emira" with a jerk she pulled away, she turned her head to the back where Shaheer was facing. "no h-he's back, he" she said hysterically turning back to Shaheer, she grabbed his arm which were on her shoulders now, "let's go out of here, he will take m-" she said looking in his eyes. "ok calm down, no one's taking you anywhere. I am here, I'll not let anyone take you anywhere. " he said trying to calm her down holding her by her shoulders. He looked behind her. "let's go to my office ok? "  he said to which she immediately shooked her head.

"no he's there" she said, i frowned "who" i asked as she was a little contained now. "baba " she said in a whisper. And It didn't took a second for Shaheer to understand why she was panicking.

"take her inside the meeting room " i said turning around telling Hamis to take her inside who was standing biting his lip with a frown. "go with him i am coming in a second" i said caressing her head while i heard Hamis saying "back to the work everyone"

She was calmed, but still frightened. I wanted to know who her father was, most importantly what was he doing here moreover in my office.

"you can trust him. Go" I said wiping her tears away, giving her a pat on her cheek before moving to the office.

While she took slow steps towards the room in front of her. Hamis opened the door for her while she moved inside sitting on a chair quietly, sniffing.

Hamis felt like she will feel uncomfortable with him being alone in a room so he stood up moving towards the door to go out but stopped when Emira said, "please stay here". "ok i am here, don't worry"

Minutes later the door opened when Shaheer stepped inside. He directly went to Emira sitting in front of her on the ground. She was sitting with her head hunged low. Fortunately she had stopped crying. Taking her hand in his palm he said "no one was there, Emira. And no can come without my permission" he said looking at her, she lifted her head up. "unless they're some daily visitors "  Hamis said. Shaheer glanced at him before humming.

Tears can again be seen in her eyes, she huffed looking up at the ceiling as if trying to control herself from crying. "do you have any picture of him?"  Hamis asked her to which she shooked her head.

She never had anything related to her biological parents, she couldn't even take anything of her mother as a memory before running away. And as for her father there was nothing he gave her than pain. The memories of her father only gave her trauma.