Neuvillette

Heavens. I've just had the best night have had in forever. Forever. That's how long I'll live. I'm a hydro dragon, and Wriothesley is mostly human. He'll die from natural causes or from battle at some point. And I won't. I'll be alone. No one this will make me feel this way anymore. I have to remind myself sometimes to keep my head out of the future.

"Monsieur Neuvillette! Duke Wriothesley?" I hear softly, although it sounds as if someone is yelling- yelling my name.

I immediately arise from bed, only to see Wriothesley opening his eyes slightly, also hearing the yells. But before I can get up, my office door is opened, and Y/n comes bursting into my bedroom. Her jaw immediately drops.

"Oh jeez..." Wriothesley mutters under his breath, still getting up. Now his face is buried in a pillow.

"Did no one teach you how to knock on doors as a child?" I say, raising my voice slightly, pulling the covers over my chest, trying to cover the fact that I'm shirtless. This is mortifying.

Y/n clears her throat, her eyes only half open now, she looks like she just inhaled bleach.

"Apologies Mousier. But do you realize how late it is?"

I see Wriothesley stretch, and then look at the clock. His eyes widen a bit.

"Oh my gosh..." He mutters, and I immediately look at the clock.

"10:23," It reads. We were supposed to be up and ready to go at 5:00.

"5 hours behind?" Wriothesley groans.

"We all just assumed you two were out doing something- until...well..." Y/n cuts out.

"Hello? We don't have all day! Finish your sentence!" I say, extremely impatient now.

Y/n stutters, but then begins to speak.

"Well- Liam has helped at least 40 criminals escape last night when the fortress closed- and I really thought you two were here...I overheard your conversation...and- and," Y/n pauses, and begins to cry.

I refrain from saying anything, but I see Wriothesley immediately get up out of bed, put on his jacket, and kneel next to Y/n.

He places his hand on her back, soothing her. "It's fine. We'll find everyone," Wriothesley throws me a look.

"Y-yes. We'll find everyone. Don't worry about it." I say quickly.

Wriothesley nods. "I tracked Liam's location a while ago. If he is still settling in the same place, then the prisoners should be hiding over there until they can manage their way out of Fontaine."

"Y/n, go inform the other guards on the situation and what Wriothesley just said. We'll take care of hunting down Liam for now." I say.

Y/n just nods, and scurries out of the room. Wriothesley sighs, and stands back up. 

"Put on a shirt. Let's go."

I've never seen him so straightforward before.

I jump out of bed, and go to my closet to grab a shirt. Wriothesley has already left by the time I put on my cloak.

"We have to get there quick. He could've already found a way to get the prisoners out of Fontaine." He says from a distance.

I follow fast behind, but still I trouble to keep up.

We eventually make it to the back entrance, and Wriothesley pauses for a moment. I looks as if he's going to say something important, but then he stops himself.

He clears his throat. "Let's go."