AVERY AND THE BUTTERFLY

Avery loves butterflies. She enjoys playing with them. One day, she befriends one. "A talking butterfly?" she exclaimed, shocked.

  "Hi. My name is Jasmine," the butterfly said.

  "You talk?" Avery asked, surprised. She had her hands over her mouth; she had never seen a talking butterfly before. It had rainbow wings and was stunning.

  " Mommy..." Avery tried to call but was stopped by the butterfly.

  "Don't be scared," it said quietly, and Avery remained calm. The butterfly looked not so scary anymore, except for the fact it was talking. She had never seen a talking butterfly before, and she was eager to learn more. " What's your name?" the butterfly asked.

  Avery became afraid once more. "I can't tell you," she said, not wanting to give the butterfly her name.

  "Don't be scared," Jasmine laughed. " I won't hurt you." she promised.

  Avery took a breath and thought about it. "Avery," she finally replied. " I'm Avery," she said calmly.

  The butterfly giggled and said, "Nice to meet you, Avery. Let's be friends," she said to her.

  Avery was unsure whether she wanted to be friends with a talking butterfly. It appeared odd. "I'm not sure," she said, squeezing her face. "Well..."

  "I do not have any friends, Avery," the butterfly interrupted before she could say anything else. "I don't have any friends," it said coyly. "Please be my friend," it begged the little girl to accept her request.

  Avery smiled and nodded her head in agreement. "Okay. I will be your friend," she decided.

  Jasmine and Avery became best friends, and they remained so for as long as the world existed.

_MEET AVERY_