❅Chapter - 4❅

Next Day

Urban Nexus Enterprises, Mumbai

MS, strides into his cabin, his mind buzzing with the day's meetings and tasks. He settles into his chair, but before diving into work, he picks up the phone.

"Dinesh, mere cabin mein aana please.." MS said into phone.

After some minutes Dinesh, enters the room with his usual composed demeanor, though a flicker of curiosity dances in his eyes.
"Yes, sir? Is there something you need?" DK asked

MS gestures for him to sit, and as DK settles into the chair, MS's expression softens.

"So you know mere Papa ka birthday hai parso and I wanted to invite you and your family for that.. actually Dad and Papa wants to meet you as well so it will make them happy if you come." MS said

DK's heart skipped a beat at the unexpected invitation.

"Sure sir, we will love to join." DK said with a smile.

But beneath his polite acceptance, a wave of apprehension washed over Dinesh. How could he possibly explain to his brothers and friends that he'd be attending his boss's father's birthday party on the same day as his own birthday? They were surely planning something special for him, but he hadn't breathed a word of it to MS.

As they delved into the details of the upcoming event, their conversation eventually drifted to more mundane matters of business. However, in a rare moment of levity, MS suddenly interjected with a surprising comment.

"By the way I came across a video of you singing on Instagram the other day." MS said and DK looks at him in shock.
"How did you find it?" DK blurred it out and then bite his tongue in shame.
"Hardik showed me the post. I believe it was posted by your brother." MS said
"I told him not to post it but meri sunta kahan hai yeh Vi.." DK said shaking his head.
"Arey sahi kiya post karke.. You have a remarkable voice. Sabko sunne ka mauka milna chahiye.." MS said with a smile.

DK's cheeks flush with embarrassment, but he manages to stammer out a grateful response.
"Th-thank you, sir. I'm glad you enjoyed it." DK said blushingly.

Their conversation continues, but Dinesh's mind is elsewhere, replaying the moment his boss praised his singing.

As DK prepares to leave the cabin, MS calls out to him, asking him to retrieve some important files from the desk. DK nods and moves towards MS's side.

As DK reached for the files, his foot carelessly tangled in a stray wire, sending him tumbling forward. Panic surged through him as he fought to regain his balance, his heart pounding in his chest as he braced for the inevitable impact.

But before he could hit the unforgiving ground, strong arms enveloped him, pulling him close in a protective embrace. DK's breath hitched in his throat as he found himself pressed against MS's chest, their faces so close that he could feel the warmth of their breath mingling in the air.

In that electrifying moment, their lips met in a tender, accidental kiss, igniting a spark of desire that neither of them could deny. It was a fleeting instant, but one that seemed to stretch into eternity, filled with unspoken longing and forbidden attraction.

Lost in each other's embrace, their eyes locked in a silent exchange of emotions too powerful to articulate. In that shared moment, everything else faded away, leaving only the intoxicating pull of their connection.

But as reality came crashing back, they reluctantly pulled away, their cheeks flushed with embarrassment and confusion. Their hearts raced with conflicting emotions.