Chapter 3. The First of Many.

Rumour had spread around the house. A new cat was coming. Albeit, I didn't exactly believe it. Why would our housefolk want even more cats? They already have five. I didn't believe it until today. I wasn't even sure how I'd feel about a new face. It would be nice to have another voice to talk to. But I knew it would most likely be a terrified voice. Another voice screaming just at the mere sight of me. I only believed it today, when the housefolk left suddenly. When Chloe actually seemed to be excited about something. And I'll make it clear Chloe is never excited about anything.

"Do you think they'll be pretty?" Damsel would meow, stretching out as she talked to us. Well, talked to Bear and Chloe. Why would anybody want to talk to me?

"I sure hope so." Chloe would meow, "I wouldn't want another Mychael situation." Ah, there it was. I was wondering where the daily 'insult Mychael's appearance' was.

"I couldn't care less. As long as they're active!" Bear would respond, not even letting me fight back on the insult. I mean, what was the point of fighting back anymore?

"Alright everyone!" Lucy would meow, "I can hear the monster pulling up. Quick! Groom out your pelts! We don't want to look bad for the new cat~" She would chuckle, fixing her fur, "Oh, and Mychael. Don't even try. In fact, you should probably just hide!" My mother's meow would turn to an almost threatening laugh.

My siblings joined her. Aren't I great to have such a loving and supportive family?

I sighed. I knew they were right in the end. Having the new cat's first impression on my family being an ugly, weird, horned green cat wouldn't be the best.

I climbed up towards a spot where I'd usually hide when father was having one of his.. Days. It hid me quite well. A large space for a rather large cat.

I could hear the door open from my spot. I peeked through the large hole of the box, seeing a container being set on the table. There was sound coming from the box. Almost panicked. I'd be pretty scared if I were locked in a tight space like that, being carried off into an unknown location too. I could see my family watching as the box would slowly be opened.

"I hope it's a tom." Damsel would purr quietly, although my ears were large enough to hear.

"Me too. I practically have no male siblings." Bear would respond. Wow. That hurt.

The box had opened. I could barely see it from my tiny peeking hole, but I was glad I did. She was beautiful. A very elegant and thin red siamese slowly emerged from her cage.

"Where am I?" She meowed, fear prickling in her pelt. 

"You're in your new home, sweetie." Lucy would meow, putting on her sweet face. As if she could ever keep that up around me. "I'm Lucy, this is my mate Charlie, and our kits Bear, Damsel, and Chloe. We have another one named Mychael... but he's sick right now." My mother would chuckle, having to strain her smile.

Damsel seemed disappointed it wasn't the handsome tom she was hoping for. Bear seemed happy just to have someone else to talk to. Chloe just put on a shy smile. I could tell she did not want to be here anymore.

"And what's your name?" Lucy would ask, flicking her tail almost impatiently.

"I... I'm Maariyah." The rather gorgeous she cat would finally respond after a while, seeming to have needed time to process the information. 

Wow.. that's a beautiful name... ack! Get your head out of the clouds, Mychael! You haven't even met her yet! Stop mooning over a cat just because of her appearance! Even though it is quite beautiful.. Stop it!