six

-Chapter five-
"Ben's house"

The group biked to Ben's house, all of them abandoning their bikes on his lawn. Alexandria was about to follow when she noticed a new missing poster being put up.

"You ok?" Bill asked, almost crashing into Alexandria after her sudden stop.

"Yeah, I'm good," she answered casually as she walked into the house, Bill following closely behind.

Ben's room was filled with nerdy posters, mainly on Derry's past. Richie and Eddie were rambling about something stupid as Alexandria walked over to the wall opposite of the door.

"Wow," Richie exclaimed.

"Cool, huh?" Ben smiled presenting his room with his arms. "No. No, nothing cool. There's nothing cool." Richie sighed walking beside Alexandria and looking up at the pictures. He smacked Alexandria's arm and pointed to a picture with mock excitment, "This is cool, right here. Wait, no. No, it's not cool."

"What's that?" Stan asked and he and Eddie joined Richie and Alexandria.

"Oh, that? That's the charter for Derry Township," Ben answers. "Nerd alert," Richie spoke.

"You talk too much, Richie," Alexandria plainly said, her eyes locked on Ben's wall, examining each picture.

"Its my best quality," Richie proudly shot back.

"No, actually, it's really intresting," Ben said, ignoring Alexandria and Richies small side convo.

"Derry started as a beaver trapping camp," Ben countinues before Richie decides to yap again, "still is, am I right, boys?"

He went for a highfive from Stan who just shook his head at Richie.

"Ninety-one people signed the charter that made Derry," Ben started, "but later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace."

"The entire camp?" Eddie asked, baffled.

"There were rumors of Indians, but no sign of an attack. Everybody just thought it was a plauge or something. But it's like one day everybody just woke up and left. The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house." Ben explained.

"Maybe there was a curse or something, maybe they had a quest and they couldn't complete before sundown," Alexandria shrugged.

"For the last time Alex, magic does not exist, idiot," Richie mumbled, "We could get Derry on Unsolved Mysteries," he finished.

"Let's do that. You're brilliant." Eddie spoke.

"I might be."

Alexandria walked away from the four boys and joined Bill who was looking at some projector slides carefully. He looked over at her and smiled slightly which she returned.

"What do you thinks going on?" Alexandria asked. "I don't k-know. But if it involves G-G-Geor-Georgie I'm gonna figure i-it out." Bill responds confidently before turning towards Ben.

"W-Where was the well house?" Bill asked.

"I don't know," Ben shrugged, "Somewhere in town, I guess. Why?"

"Nothing," he quietly spoke.

———————

Alexandria was walking home alone, Richie decided to hangout with Eddie a bit longer so they couldn't walk together.

Her hands were wrapped tightly around the strap on her messanger bag, The Promise by When in Rome blasting into her ears from her walkman.