Chapter 8: A Flurry of Blue for Him

Time: 7:38 AM

On a cold, freezing morning in the streets of Shanghai, where snowflakes fell gently to the rhythm of the wind, two figures walked along the sidewalk.

One silhouette tightly grasped a cane, while the other person's right hand supported the other's slender arm above.

As they walk leisurely along the chilling street, wearing soft, fluffy clothes to ward off the cold, one walks steadily, gazing at the other, while the latter is trembling with each step as he struggles to walk.

Harriet: "Isagi, you don't have to force yourself to walk. You're only going to exhaust yourself."

Isagi: "It's fine, Harriet. With your help, I'll be alright. And just having you out here with me already makes a big difference."

Harriet: "..."

Isagi: "This is also something the doctor advised me to do every morning in order to walk normally sooner."

Harriet: "..."

Isagi, you're so ignorant. Do you seriously think the doctor's words are true?

Isagi: "Harriet."

Harriet: "?"

Isagi: "I want to drink some coffee."

Harriet: "Coffee? Well, too bad that's not on your list of approved drinks."

Isagi: "Huh? Why?"

Harriet: "The doctor says so."

Isagi raised his eyebrows, then softened as he listened to Harriet's response. Why couldn't he drink what he wanted? Seriously, coffee can't have any effect on him, right?

Harriet: "Looks like a hamster."

In Harriet's eyes, Isagi appears like a hamster munching on its food right now.

His cheeks flushed with frustration, which, somehow, was...endearing.

Harriet: "Pff."

Harriet chuckled softly, a sound that surprised even herself.

She laughs, and she doesn't know why either...

'What's wrong with me?' She thought.

Harriet: "..."

Harriet: "...How about trying strawberry rose juice? I heard it's trending in China these days."