Night Terrors

Bloom

I look at the man before me.

Blood drips down the side of his temple, all the way down to his neck, staining his white under-shirt.

He's barely breathing, he just lays motionless on the floor.

His dirty-blonde, long hair, which was now stained with specks of fresh blood covers his face slightly, but you can still see his defined, sharp features.

I fall to my knees.

I breathe deeply, trying to catch my breath, I am so worn out.

My world is spinning.

I can't think straight anymore.

No.

I need to get to Miss Faragonda.

But I feel so weak.

I feel so-

And everything goes black..

*****

I open my eyes slowly, blinking the blurriness away.

My head hurts abit and I'm still abit dizzy.

I look around to see that I'm in the nurses office, on one of the beds.

The curtains are open, allowing me to see that it's daytime.

For how long have I been knocked out?

The last thing I remember is..

Valtor.

I don't remember much but,

I had defeated him at last, however, in doing so I used all my power. No wonder I fainted.

But wait, where is he now? How did I even get here?

Someone must have found me.

But did they take Valtor? I hope so..

I hope he didn't get too injured, or bled out, he might be my mortal enemies but I wouldn't wish death on him either.

There's no way he could've escaped.

I almost killed him.

I sit up groggily, my bones aching.

"Ahh, Bloom! I see you're awake."

I turn my head to where the voice is coming from to see the nurse, holding a tray with water and some fruits.

"Here, drink water and have some fruits, you need to rest and get your energy back. I'll go get Miss Faragonda."

The nurse places the tray on a bedside table near me and leaves the room.

I don't really feel like eating right now, so I just take a sip of water before laying back down and closing my eyes, trying to fall back asleep.

But I simply can't.

Everything starts rushing back to me, all the memories and everything that happend, from me waking up in the forest to fighting Valtor.

Eveything floods into my head, how he almost killed me with his bare hands, holding onto my throat.

How he out of nowhere,  dropped to his knees in pain, after giving me a hit. I didn't even touch him.

How it was as if he could feel my pain.

How he got back up and hit me with a spell straight in the chest, causing me to fall to the ground.

How Daphne's voice rang through my head.

Everything was becoming too much, and I was becoming very overwhelmed.