Adrian Pucey - Motherly Love

"No- Blaise. Put that down!" I yelled at my friends who were currently creating havoc in the Slytherin Common Room. Blaise Zabini was tauntingly hanging a slug over a poor first-year's head while she was studying. The unfortunate girl looked up and shrieked as Blaise dropped the slug on her face and she stood up and ran up the stairs to the girls' dormitories.

"Blaise Zabini, quit your childish antics!" I finally caved and yelled. He immediately stopped but the other boys were playing other pranks on so many other students.

"They are impossible," I muttered, shaking my head. I directed my wand at my throat and murmered 'Sonorus' which amplified my voice, broadcasting it across the common room. "Sit!" The boys quickly stopped what they were doing and walked over to the couch I was sitting on and either sat on it or on the other furniture around it. I used 'Quietus' on my throat again and scolded the boys.

"I can't believe you all! You are all 5th years and acting like children!" I lectured them on acting better than how they were just behaving until I felt an arm snake around my waist and the familiar scent of my boyfriend Adrian Pucey filled my nostrils from behind.

"You boys should listen to your mother," He joked. I could hear his smirk in the tone of his voice. The boys started snickering and I gave them a glare. Oh, if looks could kill. "I'm not their mother, Adrian. I'm merely just looking out for them." I said matter-of-factly, drawing circles on his forearm.

"Well, with the way you are always acting with them, you know, scolding and all, you could very well pass as their mother," He teased. I swear, my dear boyfriend was insufferable sometimes.

11 years later...

I stood in the kitchen, singing softly with my 2-year-old son on my hip. My husband was asleep in our room after a long night but I was restless. I was flipping over a pancake when Wilfred started squirming around. I sighed in exasperation and attempted to calm him down.

"Wilfred- no." Sigh. "Do you want me to put you in your highchair?" I threatened. My delightful son just looked at me with a grin and wide eyes. "Daddy!" He exclaimed in excitement.

"No, baby. You're father's asleep so you need to keep quiet so he can rest," I scolded. Wilfred just giggled and exclaimed again. I opened my mouth to speak when I heard the deep, husky voice of my husband.

"Good morning, Mrs. Pucey." I looked up and saw my husband leaning against the wall and smirking, his hair tousled and a faint display of stubble on his jaw.

"Adrian!" I said in surprise. He walked towards me and placed a chaste kiss on my lips. "Happy Mother's Day, love." My eyes widened in realization. I had totally forgotten about it! Instead of fussing, I smiled and thanked my husband for the sweet gesture. Just then, he pulled out a bouquet of flowers from nowhere. My jaw dropped to the floor. The bouquet was a plethora of lavender, roses, and tulips. A soft blush coated my cheeks and Adrian took Wilfred from my arms and handed me the bundle of flowers. My face softened and I sighed, embracing him in a loving hug. This was all I needed.

Word Count: 567 words
Date Written: May 12, 2024

A/N: Thank you for reading my lovelies! Again, sorry this one is another short one. I just don't have a bunch of time. I try to work on new oneshots but I have a final tomorrow and another test the day after, ugh. I have like 3-5 drafts that am currently working on and I have a lot of fun with this! I love it when you guys comment. It really makes my day when I open Quotev or Wattpad and I find a notification from you guys.

Please don't forget to like and that you can request a oneshot!