Filthy Mudblood! d.l.m

"Filthy mudblood!" Tears welled in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. Stormy grey eyes stared me down like I was a disgusting piece of rubbish. I refused to let him see me cry. I refused to let anyone see me cry.

"Using disrespectful words to insult the people you hate, Malfoy?" I countered. "Oh wait. You hate everyone, so the only people that are your so-called 'friends' are the children of your father's co-workers and fellow pure-bloods who are so stuck-up," I jabbed my finger into his chest. "egotistic," Jab. "narcissistic," another jab. "Rude," I made sure this one hurt. "People who don't care about the well-being of others. You only care about yourselves." 

I didn't stay to see Malfoy's reaction, but I was quite proud of myself for standing up to my bully. I turned the corridor to the kitchens. I needed some food and the comfort of the house elves.

 I've tolerated him for years, and I was tired of it. This was my breaking point, and I've tried to push away my feelings for the Malfoy boy, but whenever I tried, they came up again, flooding my thoughts with his name. I hated it. He was a bully; I couldn't like a bully! Suddenly, the tears came flooding down my face. I attempted to wipe them quickly so I would stop crying. But the heartbreak hurt even more than when I tried to mask it with other things to keep me busy. Malfoy calling me a mudblood hit me hard. I couldn't take it anymore.

I'd been waiting. Waiting for him to ask me. I'd turned down multiple boys who'd asked me to be their date to the ball. I waited for him, knowing that there was a good chance that he wouldn't ask me. Now, I regret my choices. Since i knew all the boys that had asked me before now had dates, I had to search for another person that didn't have a date.

I found myself in front of the kitchen's portrait and tickled the pear, the door swinging open and granting me entrance.

"Madam (Y/L/N), it is nice to see you again," one of the house elves (named Winky if I am correct) greeted me. "The usual, miss?"

"Yes, Winky. Thank you so much for your constant help," I thanked Winky and gave her a little hug.

"Aw! How kind madam is! She even treats Winky higher than she should!" Winky squealed in delight and bowed deeply at my feet.

"Oh, Winky! How many times do I have to tell you? You don't need to bow. I am not royalty," I ushered Winky back up to her feet and as she scurried off to prepare my usual I headed over to the small table they kept in the corner and lay my head on my arms. Not long after, Winky came back with (Y/F/F) and (Y/F/D). (Your favorite food and your favorite drink for those who don't know what they mean)

"Would you like to talk about it, miss?" Winky asked with pity in her eyes. I accepted and poured out my problems to Winky. She was always a great listener. 

"-and it just hurts Winky! The way he speaks to me and any other person he considers inferior..." Telling Winky what I feel feels like a heavy weight has been lifted off my chest. 
"What did I ever do to make Draco hate me?" I said in a small voice. I heard a small creak and turned towards the door but it was just as I had left it when I came in. I figured it was just a figment of my imagination and turned back to Winky. "What did I do to deserve his harshness?"

⁓⁓⁓

I was sitting in potions the day after, and I kept catching Draco stealing glances at me from beside me.

"Got a problem, Malfoy?" I spat.

"Not at all (Y/L/N). You just have a pretty face," The last part was so quiet that I almost didn't hear it. But I did, and it took me by surprise. My jaw flopped to the floor.

"Are you... complimenting me?" I asked in utter shock. I don't think he thought I'd heard it because of a little flicker of surprise appeared in his features but he played it cool and brushed it off.

"Yeah. I am," He said. "Got a problem, (Y/L/N)?" Oh. There we go. His snarky self is back.

"Touché, Malfoy," I smirk.

There was a pause for a long moment and I went back to working on my essay. Malfoy cleared his throat from beside me. 

"Draco," He says out of the blue.

"What?" I say confused.

"(Y/L/N)! Malfoy! Back to work -- no talking!" Snape drawls from across the room.

Malfoy lowers his head down and whispers into my ear. "Call me Draco,"

Ok. Now I am absolutely speechless. He wants me to call him Draco? I give a small nod and finish my work still perplexed at his sudden offer.

⁓⁓⁓

I handed in my finished work and walked out the door. Usually, I wait for (F/N) (Friend's Name) after Potions but Draco came out not long after me instead.

"Why are you following me, Draco?" I'm seriously getting annoyed with his stupid antics.

"I just wanted to ask you a question! Calm down woman," He looked nervous in the moment. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've been such a git to you since you were sorted into (H/H) (Hogwarts House). My father wants me to uphold his stupid reputation while I'm at school. I just want him to be proud of me," He says in a somber tone. Then and there is when I felt more sympathy for this boy in all my years that I've known him. The reason he was a bully and such a git to everyone was because he wanted to make his father proud but was never acknowledged by him.

"Enough of that. What I really wanted to ask you was; Will you be my date to the Yule Ball?" Draco's cheeks turned a vibrant pink as he looked away, not meeting my eyes. 

"Yes," I answered. I had been waiting for this moment since I had first learned about the Ball that was to be hosted at Hogwarts. "Yes, I'll go with you!"

His eyes widened as he turned to me. "Really? After I've been such a git and hurt you more times than I can count?"

"Well, the important thing is that you apologized for it.What do you mean by 'you've hurt me more times than you can count'?" So much confusion. I cannot handle it today.

"I-I heard your conversation with one of the house-elves in the kitchens last night. I wasn't eavesdropping, I swear! I just walked in and heard your voice," He said quickly as I gave him a skeptical look. "I tried to leave as quickly and quietly as I could back to my dorm... I couldn't stop thinking about you after that. Well, I've never actually ever stopped thinking about you since I met you in first year."

I was flattered. Draco Malfoy, the school bully, my crush since first year had been thinking about me for the past 3 years non-stop? Wow. (I wish I had someone like that in real life ;-;)

Draco stepped closer until my back was pressed up against the wall behind me. He grabbed my hands and leaned his head closer to mine. "Can I kiss you?" He says in a low whisper.

"You have no idea how bad I've wanted this," I smiled. Draco lowered his lips to mine. They met in the middle as I stood on my tip-toes just a little bit. The kiss was magical. My thoughts flooded with ecstasy and the kiss was all I could think about.

DING! DONG! DING! DONG!

The bells that indicate the end of classes for the day gave us quite a scareand we jumped apart. I spotted (F/N) heading out of Snape's classroom and waved Draco goodbye and that I would see him later at dinner.

"What were you doing with Malfoy?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at me. 

"I'll tell you everything later," I usher her in the opposite direction than Draco and wink at him as I walk away, looping my arm with (F/N)'s. 

A/N: FINALLY! I have finished a chapter of my first oneshots book and I am so proud of myself. I'm also supersorry for not updating you guys! I know a lot of authors say this but the stuggle is real. School and work and outside life relationships take up a LOT of time. But I'm happy to write on Wattpad and have other people read all these. I try my best to make time for these and I'm currently working on two or three other oneshots along with another oneshot book on the Maze Runner and I hope I can post them all by the end of next month. Again, thank you guys for being SO PATIENT with me and my slow self. Thank you guys so so much! Also I take requests so please do that! I need ideas ;-;

-Nika