𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐯-𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟎-

It was a cold night, with thunder and lightning in the sky. That didn't stop this cannibalizing serial killer from their new victim. Thunder roars as a young woman runs through an alley.

The woman turns around, glancing around as she tries to catch her breath.

A young man covered this woman's mouth, muffling her screams as he pulled her against his chest. "It seems I've got myself a flapper" The man's breath was on this woman's neck.

The woman tried to get free but she couldn't, she was helpless.

Another man was standing behind a wall, watching them as the other man's back was facing him. The woman continued to struggle as the man whispered stuff into her ears.

She feels something cold and sharp on her neck, almost drawing blood.

"Let's not be a bluenose," the man said as the woman started crying. The woman yelped as she felt the man's weight before he fell to the floor.

The woman was about to scream but another hand covered her mouth, a different man in front of her. His hand was covering her mouth and his other hand was by her head, supporting his weight.

A couple walked past the alley, to see the two, and they quickly walked away. From their perspective, they looked like a couple making out in an alley.

Once the coast was clear, the man slowly backed up. "Forgive me, darling, I do not mean to scare you" the man spoke with a southern transatlantic accent.

The woman was stunned as she looked down at the body of the other men.

A hand averted her gaze by lifting her chin, meeting the man's eyes. "You shouldn't look at such things, it's not suitable for a lady," the man said as he smiled.

"What is your name?" the woman asked as the man bowed his head. "Alastor, a pleasure"

Alastor kissed the woman's hand. "What's your name darling?" "Margaret," the woman replied as Alastor smiled.  "Wonderful name my dear"

Margaret smiled softly as she slowly forgot about the other man's body on the floor. "Why don't I escort you home, wouldn't want anything to happen to you" Alastor suggested as he offered his arm.

"Thank you Alastor" Margaret smiled as she looped her arm around his arm and they walked.

"My pleasure" Alastor smiled, glancing back at the man's body with a wide smile as he would return later for it

-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐯-𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟐-

Alastor stood in front of a grave, Margaret's name on the tombstone, his second love. Margaret and Alastor had been friends for a year then they got married.