⟪⟪Chapter 1⟫⟫

Willow >>>>>>>

"Sera, I know you are looking out for me, but I do not need to go to therapy."

"No, Willow. I may be your stepmother, but I know when a teenage girl isn't doing well. I can't give you the help you need but this therapist I found can. She is very experienced and has dealt with the loss of a loved one's trauma."

"Sera-"

"Not another word. I already paid for a month's worth of sessions, so please make the most out of it"

Willow zipped her mouth and stared out the window of the passenger seat in her stepmother's Lexus. She had to prevent a tear from running out her eye, so she knelt down to pick up her school bag, dug out her Air Pods and iPhone, put one Air Pod in her ear and started listening to Olivia Rodrigo's album GUTS on Spotify at full volume.

As Willow stared at the raindrops running down the window, she closed her eyes and thought about her mother. Her sage green eyes, dirty blonde hair being pushed against the wind, her mouth forming the words "Willow! Come here, love."

"We're here, Willow. Get yourself together, and be nice to the therapist."

"Wait, you aren't coming inside with me?"

"No, I wish I could. But I have a business meeting to attend to, so you are on your own. We are here a bit early. Check with the receptionist when your appointment is supposed to be, and wait in the waiting room."

"Okay."

Willow was about to walk out the car until she remembered something.

"Oh! Sera? I'm going to be staying the night at Sam's house. I'll borrow her clothes."

"Alright, I'll tell your father. Tell me how the appointment goes"

"Alright. Bye"

Willow stepped outside in the rain and pulled her hoodie over her head, her brownish blonde locks being hidden from the drops of heavy rain. She walked inside, surprised to see just a teenage guy who looked around her age and a couple who looked about in their mid 20's.

Surprised couples do not get along in this generation. Like you two agreed to get married, why are you arguing about your personal lives now? You should have known what you were getting yourself into, Willow thought to herself.

She walked to the receptionist who was sitting on a chair, glass falling off her nose bridge, smoking a cigarette. She had graying hair and was holding an INHALER in her other hand. Honestly people with asthma who smoke are complete idiots Willow thought.

"Uhm, excuse me. Hi. I have a therapy appointment today. I'm not sure what time it is though. Could you possibly check in the system for me?"

"COUGHHHHHHHHHHH Yeah, sure lovey. What's your na-COUGHHHH name? cough"

"Oh. Willow Shields?"

"BREATHE IN AND COUGH typing aggressively Lovey you are cough one hour early! Take a seat and wait, please"

"Wow. Uhm. Okay. Thanks... what's your name?"

"Cecelia."

"Yeah okay. Thanks, Cecilia."

"COUGHHHH Anytime, Lovey"

Willow was not looking forward to an hour of sitting in a waiting room with a pissed off couple and a teenage boy. She decided to sit next to the teenage boy, since she figured the couple would use her as a pre-therapist, and Willow was already dealing with her own relationship problems. She didn't need a couple in their mid-twenties to dump their story on her.