Chapter 2

Yoko and Vee we're sharing a small hare, outside the pack's camp. Since winter arrived, elk herds became much more rare than usual. Yoko sighed, still feeling a bit hungry. His sister finished eating and layed down on a rock with a thin layer of snow on it.
Yoko looked at her.

-"Aren't you tired of this? he asked.

-Tired of what? she replied, yawning.

-All of this... Pack Laws, the humans, and winter makes finding food even harder.

-You're right. But I don't think Pack Laws are respected, now. Soul changed them. Now, the Alpha has to eat first, and the warriors last... It's pretty unfair. An Alpha's role is to protect it's pack no matter what !" Vee sighed.

Yoko nodded. Why did it all change? Since his father - Soul - became the Alpha, he changed into a rude and menacing narcissist. He even killed a pup, just because she had a blind eye.
Vee walked towards the camp entrance, followed by Yoko. They both agreed that this all needed to change.
Suddenly, they heard a scream of pain coming from the Pup Cave. It was Bee, their mother. Vee gasped and ran over to the cave, but it was too late. Bee was dead, killed by a venomous snake. Their mother's body was laying on the Pup Cave's cold and hard ground, her eyes lifeless.