The world beyond that mirror ( Ivy pov)

'For the last time Mai , that mirror is not used for make up!'yelled Granny in the background 

'Then what is the use of mirrors? You don't expect me to believe your stories? ' yelled Mother

'They are true'

'Yeah right. You are a princess. I don't see your proof.'

'I have a sword'

'And what it's use now? Like where are those giants and demons and monsters and bla bla'

'They are there. They are asleep. One day when the gateway awakens...'

'Yeah right.'

'My point is Mai, that the multiverse exists.  And that gateway mirror is our only connection,  at least for those whose blood is completely from one universe.'

'Right. Those so called Pure Bloodlines'

'Right. But you and Ivy, Akira and Aya can go between them through any reflection. '

'I still doubt that. I tried that. Did it work? NOO'

'HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD I TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN ONLY DO THAT WHEN THE GATEWAY MIRROR OPENS!'

'Yeah yeah'

'You should be careful!  What if you are doing your stupid makeup and some hands just pop out of the mirror and snatch you away, what will you do? Keep it in the basement so no one gets snatched away like that'

'No way'

'Yes way'

'Fine.'

'Don't use it for make up'

'I will see '

'make up makes people look like clowns'

'Well, I think I look stunning'

'Who lied to you?'

'It is like you are blind'

'What a thing to say to your mother. Also, stop being a clown'

'I won't remove my make up which I did for 1 hour'

'I was not talking about the looks. Also, you are just proving my point'

'About the multiverse?  How?'

'I was talking about clowns. You get this from your Grandma.  I dont know what I raised you to be'

'You raised me. So how should I know what you wanted me to be?'

'Stop clowning yourself already '

'You once worked for circus. And I am the clown?'

'With that makeup  of yours,  yes'

While Mother and Granny argued, I sat on the couch, reading Manga. I have two younger stepsisters, Aya and Akira. Aya was watching her anime, and Akira sat next to me, reading her book.

I looked at mirror for one second. It gave me a strange aura. And my blue hair started to glow. That hair of mine annoyed me. Blue and black hair, all natural and the kids at school claimed that I wore a wig. They bullied me for that. But no one messes with me now. I was great at punching and kicking, and Granny tought me some useful tricks. Aya also had black and blue hair like me, but Akira did not. I looked away from the mirror. The glowing stopped. Mother and Granny looked at me. Granny had an expression like I told you so. Mother then agreed with Granny. She took the mirror to the basement.

'Ivy' hissed Akira

'What?' I asked

'Your hair...'

'Yeah. I know'

'What if it's true?'

'True?'

'The multiverse.  Those stories. If it's true, then why Granny wont tell the government? A huge step in our discovery. And who knows, what if we could  discover more metals, more treasures! '

'Akira, do you think they would believe us? Even if they do, they will take advantage of it. We lose the mirror, and it could destroy everything,  all because of human greediness.'

'Yeah. But all those wonders we may see..'

'And all those dreadful monsters that eat and destroy '

'Way to ruin the fun'

'Its the truth. Where there is light, there darkness '

'You are just like Grandpa'

'Thank you for that compliment '

'It wasn't one'

'Then I take it as one'

'You are annoying '

'Same as you '

'Yeah yeah. But think! Imagine, what the other side looks like'

'Well, we have Granny descriptions'

'Yeah, but I would like to see it myself '

'Knock yourself out'

'Aren't you excited? '

'Yeah'

Akira, my sweet stepsister. So enthusiastic. Little does she know what lurks in the shadows. Time and again,  I did see some creatures I never thought would exist. Like a flying horse, or a giant necked four legged creatures that have spots,oh wait , those are giraffes.  I saw weird creatures I never believed in their existence till I saw. I can't tell either of my sisters,  or the entire world will know. But, it is almost like the gateway mirror is no longer concealed. In other words, the gateway mirror and its horrors awoke. I don't need proof. All would reveal itself in its own time. Little did I know ......