𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞

Author pov:

"Gooood morning world, I'm F/N. Your local journalist here in front of one of the oldest villages in Japan! Despite the oddity of the villagers outdated life, this village thrives as the Hayashi family bustles around to keep it in tact. Right here is Mrs. Hayashi who has greatfully accepted to answer questions, ⁿᵒʷ ᵐʳˢ.ʰᵃʸᵃˢʰⁱ, ʷʰᵃᵗˢ ⁱᵗ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ˡⁱᵛⁱⁿᵍ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵛⁱˡˡᵃᵍᵉ...."

The TV faded into the background as F/N stares at the screen blankly, rewatching the last video before she got fired. Gritting her teeth she changed the channel and threw the remote onto the sofa, standing up she walks to the kitchen to make a small snack.
_________
Time skip 😉✨
_________

F/N went to collect her mail from the apartment mailboxes and when she unlocked it she saw a box, she didn't remember buying anything but brushed it off as a early sign of dementia.

When she walks back into her apartment her phone rings, grumbling she answers the phone as she opens the box.

"Yes I took my medication, Mhm..... Mhm, no nothing strange, no new symptoms......" Her voice trailed off as she looked at the contents in the box, two notes in handwriting that she couldn't forget and tape recordings. Hanging up the phone she rushed upstairs and found a tape player.
________

The contents of the first tape was.... Odd to say the least, a familiar voice and a old one that died with the man it belonged to. Scrambling to find the notes that sat under the messy display of tapes she grabbed her reading glasses and scanned through the letter.

'My dearest F/N, I write to you today with a heavy heart, filled with guilt and clawing dread. It has been far too long since we last spoke, and I long to hear your voice once more. The reason for my silence is a folktale you have urged me to tell. But now, I feel compelled to share it with you, for I fear the immortal consequences of keeping it locked away and pushed back to collect dust.
As you may recall, our last conversation ended in a disagreement. You pressed for a story, one that could change your perception of me. And for that I pressed back with an attack out of building anger, leaving you with a permanent wound. I now ask for you to reconsider. I believe that you deserve to know, no matter how strange or unsettling it may sound. I urge you to visit me when you can, I shall tell you the story in full. You can decide whether or not to believe it. But know this: it is a story that changed me, it may change you as well so I hesitate.'
            With anticipation and love.
                                           -Y/N L/N
_________

F/N stares at the letter before flipping it and seeing a address, sighing and taking off her glasses she rubbed her eyes before looking at her calendar.

-

Author note- Hope you enjoy this probably won't post the actual first chapter until another day cause I made this at night and I'm tired 😩. Have a good day/night/evening/afternoon or whatever time it is for you, Author signing off -May 12, Sunday 2024, time: 1:04