Arranged Marriage

They both entered the palace and Laura was shocked. It was really big and beautiful and it had a Japanese theme. "Let me take you to your room" the noble said as he led Laura up the stairs. Laura didn't like the idea of an arranged marriage but as long as the noble stayed out of her way and she could live a happy life without any rules. She was walking up the stairs with the noble and suddenly a loud shrieking voice echoed. " PRINCE LUDOOO~ " a woman shouted through the corridor halls. "Ah!" she said as she finally saw him. "Prince ludo~" she hurriedly walked up to him but stopped as she saw Laura. "Who is this peasant?" she said looking at Laura in disgust. "Hey! Don't call me peasant, old hag!" Laura replied in anger. " How dare you?! Do you know that you are talking to a noble?" she said proudly " I don't give a damn whether you're the queen!" said Laura as she sternly looked at the lady. " You....." said the lady about to slap Laura. Laura was ready to kick her in the shin when the noble interfered. " Both of you STOP. Suddenly he didn't look so kind. [ ** means action] " *sigh..* Time for introductions." the noble said. "This is Laura Whitlock. She is the daughter of King Eldron. A greatest noble in South Elantris. She has been arranged to be my wife so you are no longer needed" he said pointing to the lady standing in shock. "This is Rebecca Hazel, the 4th daughter of Lady Zara. She was my previous fiancee until you were ultimately decided." he said as he gestured the situation. "My name is Ludo. Our fathers decided our marriage." said Ludo. "Now let us continue what we were doing" said Ludo as he brought his hand to Laura. " Who said I want to hold your hand? I can walk perfectly fine by myself-thank you very much" she said sarcastically. They continued walking to the hallway as Rebecca shouted " Please wait! I-I can still be your f-fiancee! There's no rule that said t-there can't be 2 wives!" said Rebecca. "for the last tim-" "Hey." said Laura interruptingly to Ludo. "Why in the world are you sweating like a goat about to be killed for Christmas?" said Laura. "......." Rebecca didn't reply. " *sigh* Rebecca. Leave." said Ludo being very annoyed. "Pleas-" Rebecca stopped. " I'll leave" Rebecca said turning around and leaving through the door. "Huh. That was weird..."said Laura. ".........." Ludo was just staring at the door. "Hey! Can I go to my room now!" said Laura as she tapped his shoulder. He gave her a cold stare telling her not to touch him. Laura paused. " Do you expect me to be scared? Believe me, I've faced scarier things than that look of yours. Take me to my room already! I don't want to stay on the stairs forever. " Ludo was shocked he chuckled and took her to her room. " Haa.." sighed Laura. " Finally. " (This room is big and fancy. It is way better than my previous room and has more space. I still need to check out the entire room though) thought Laura as she rolled to and fro on the bed. She stood up and strolled around the house. There was a kitchen that was huge and had many supplies, the bathroom was clean and pretty and the rooms were all fine and beautiful. It was better than where she lived before. She saw some extra clothes so she removed her ragged clothes and went to take a bath. It was warm and better than the cold and dirty water she bathed in. " This place is awesome! And that noble doesn't disturb me or push me around! It's way better...." she said as she touched scars she got from the beatings. She looked sad but brightened up when she thought about dinner. She finished bating and wore a robe while walking back to her room. She wore a nice nightgown and came out for dinner. She went to the kitchen and made something for herself. " Some nice dumplings and Miso soup" said Laura as she walked to the dining. " Well , well. You finally came out.." said Ludo. (She beautiful... Way more beautiful than when she first came here..) "Whatever. As long as I get to eat good food" said Laura as she sat down. "Time to eat!" said Laura as she started eating. "Dewicious!" she said with her mouth full. "Hey! Where's you're food!" she said pointing at Ludo with a fork. " I've already eaten so just enjoy you're food" said Ludo along with a chuckle. "Don't joke with me! There were no plates in the rack when I came." said Laura gesturally. She went to the kitchen and came back with another fork. "Eat." she said while handing him the fork. He was confused. " You me to eat with you?" said Ludo with a confused face." Is there anyone else here?" said Laura pushing her food to his side of the table. She sat down and continued eating. He also ate with her while pondering. (She is the only woman that father brought to this house that has acted like this to me..) he thought as he chuckled. " Wats swo funii?" said Laura with her mouth full. "Nothing" said Ludo with a smile. (She is going to be very interesting..) thought Ludo as he continued his meal.