𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟖: 𝐈𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍

And in these dark times, I'm so glad that this love is blinding
'Cause all I see is the best of you, and all you see is the best of me
And you bring out the best of me
And all I see is everything
Your goals, your glow, your inner being
And our bigger meaning

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀  𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏:𝟒𝟎 𝐚𝐦

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏:𝟒𝟎 𝐚𝐦

|| I forgive you for everything, I promise you ||
— 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄

Music blared through the speakers of the packed club, thumping a bass off the walls that became felt by everyone standing around. Bottles passed around through the section that clouded of the thick smoke which filled the atmosphere.

He eyed the many different women who passed by him, from the ones on bottle service to the strippers doing their dances on the poles. The way they moved with hunger in their stare towards him told their wanted outcome of the night, but unfortunately for them, his plans were far different.

"You the only one over here who ain't got a bitch on yo arm, what's up with that nigga?!" One of his corner boys, Adrian, called out over the loudness of the music.

Shooting his eyes over in his direction, Syre's lips parted to exhale the smoke that rolled down his lungs. "My lady in the crib, Ian tripping." He waved it off, honestly wishing he was exactly where she was instead of allowing her to urge him outside.

She felt they both deserved a break, yes, but he deserved one especially because of just how much of a weight he'd been taking off of her. It was Syre who was usually getting up in the middle of the night, multiple times a night, to tend to their children. It was him who got Malani up and together, and made sure Xyden was good in the morning to send their son to school and daughter to dance practice. It was him who picked them up to come back home in the evening, and repeat.

And she didn't applaud a fish for swimming, but she recognized it wasn't easy. Parenting as a whole wasn't easy, but they helped each other which took so much off of both of them. Especially when it came to their youngest babies.

He couldn't remember the last time he'd found himself in a strip club, and he couldn't recall a time ever where nothing impressed him. He looked regardless, had eyes for a reason, yet it felt like there wasn't even anything to look at.

His body sat along the top of one of the black couches in their section, as they were out celebrating Rell's birthday. Many came out to the club that was owned by Remi, who wasn't even there to accompany Syre since he was still on crutches and a walker to get around.