52: Catching up

Izumi: short chapter but i was busy with stuff! I got a new job! Yippee! And (i think) its even better than my previous company so im doing my best to absorb the information during orientation 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Oh, thanks." Law said, "But I don't care about the price." before walking away and offending the green haired captain.

Curiosity took over (Y/n) and she decided to peek into the room. The Straw Hats were gathered in front of a wall while Bartholomeo was talking away about the bounties and the autographs he had just gotten from them.

On with Chapter 52:

3RD PERSON POV

Standing by the railing of the ship, (Y/n) stared into the horizon, not many thoughts inside of her head besides boredom and about what happened at Dressrosa..

The Straw Hats were too energetic for her (at the moment), Law was using this time to rest and relax as much as he could, and thoughts of Dressrosa were bouncing in her head, so she decided against resting in silence and hoping the sea would calm her mind or at least distract her.

Bartholomeo was not an option at all.

"What's wrong?"

A familiar voice said to her and (Y/n) turned around to be met with her best friend.

"Robin.." she calmly greeted her friend, "Nothing much, just trying to process what happened."

Robin joined (Y/n) side and stared into the horizon as well.

"Hmm.." she hummed in response. "Then, it's been awhile since we've seen each other, right?"

(Y/n) smiled sadly, "Yeah, it really has."

"What happened to you anyways when you were hiding in the crate?"

Robin took a few seconds to gather her thoughts, "The villagers found me and I had to run. Sorry I left without you knowing.."

(Y/n) shook her head, "Don't apologize. It's understandable. I'm just glad you're safe." the witch moved closer to Robin and leaned her head on the latter's shoulder, giving somewhat of a side hug.

It feels nice to reconnect with your friend who you had grown up with, a friend you had gone through the toughest challenges with.

"What about you? What happened when we separated?" Robin's turn to ask and (Y/n) tried to recall to the best of her abilities.

"I went back to the crate you were in but by then everything there was destroyed and there were no traces of you. I tried to find out around the village but still found nothing. In the end, I just hope you were safe and hid in a merchant ship. Same old, same old." (Y/n) sighed.

"Is that how you met your crew then?"

"Yeah, well, kinda." (Y/n)'s answer got Robin curious.

"I met Law first and another guy called "Corazon"." Robin perked at the name and (Y/n) noticed. "Yeah, Corazon was also Doflamingo's brother, and he was part of the marines too. Wild, huh?" (Y/n) laughed as if she didn't interact with a dangerous man as a child. "But, it all ended well anyways. Honestly, I considered myself lucky to even meet them although I was being chased at every island I went to and didn't have much of a will left to live."

(Y/n) moved her fingers around, playing with the water in the sea, "Corazon... he was like a father to me..." silence then enveloped them for a few seconds before (Y/n) broke the tension."Well, what about you, Robin? How did you meet your crew?"