Chapter 54

TW: Blood, Death, torture, Abuse, Homophobia, Negative thoughts, attempted life risk, Vomiting

(Mattheo's pov)

On the train ride home I sat with Theodore who had also invited Nicholas to sit with us because Theo felt like he owed him something for sticking up for him and the guy had unsurprisingly managed to make a lot of enemies in his time at school. He had gotten into a fight in the Slytherin common room right before they had to leave and still had some blood on his face. I was glaring at him when Indu appeared at the cabin door and knocked gently on the door. Theodore, who was closer to the door, glanced at the two of us before he leaned over and opened the door. She stepped in and glanced at me and Theodore before she glanced over at Nicholas then back to me, her face showing slight confusion and almost as if asking if it was ok to talk while he was there. I nodded my head once "It's fine"

She sat down across from me, next to him. I noticed she was holding a letter in her hand and she silently passed it to me and gestured for me to read it. Theo came closer and read it over my shoulder. It was a letter from my father. He wanted to talk to her. I glanced up at her and I could see her glancing out the window, eyes tearing up slightly but she was trying to keep a straight face. "Did something happen that I should know about?" Nicholas eyed the paper in my hand and then glanced at Indu beside him.

"The Dark Lord wants to see her" I informed him

"That's not all," Indu claimed, her voice quavering. She took a couple deep breaths "My mother-" She paused "is dead" a tear rolled down her face and she brushed it away

"I'm so sorry" Theodore replied from beside me "Do you want a hug or anything?"

She gave out a small chuckle "That's funny" She commented "That your the one who wants to comfort me" Theodore tilted his head slightly, not following what she was saying "Your father was one of the ones who killed her"

Theo covered his mouth and a look of horror covered his face briefly "I-"

"You couldn't have known" She cut him off

"You don't– you shouldn't visit my father, you should go home, have some time to yourself or something"

"Where? My mom was living in America and I can't go there now, I barely have any money, can't apparate, and I have no other family that I'm close to- my dad died when I was young" She glanced back at me from the window her eyebrows scrunched in with confusion "Who are you talking to?"

I was confused too until I heard Circe's voice in my head Apparate to my bedroom with them now. I glanced up and whispered what Circe told me into Theo's ear and he grabbed Nic- not wanting to leave him behind then I told Indu what happened and she let me hold her arm to apparate her to Circe's room.

Circe stood by her window, looking out and up at the sky. Her hair was still a dark brown but had very faint dark green streaks in it and was wearing an all black outfit. She turned to us and smiled "Long time no see" Indu was the first one to approach her and give her a hug, then Theo, then I smiled at her and I saw her glance at Nic.

He raised his hands "I come in peace" He declared, still standing by the door.

"You better" She raised her eyebrows at him and he glanced away. "I promise we will get caught up later but right now I want to talk to Indu if thats ok"

"Yeah" I replied. Nic left and I apparated Theo to my room.

(Circe's Pov)

Once everyone had left I made sure the door was locked and to cast a silencing spell before I looked back at Indu. I knew what had happened and it only made me want to kill Theo's father more. I hugged her for a couple more minutes. "What am I supposed to do? Where am I supposed to go?"