Chapter 18

TW: Death, daggers, blood, drinking 

After being pushed through a maze of dimly lit hallways and down a staircase we arrived in what I assumed to be the front room of the building. It was brighter than the other places I had seen. Thomas, Mattheo, and Miles stood in the center of the room.

Malachi pushed me towards Emerson and stepped forward "Why have you come to see us after all these years brother" Malachi's voice filled the room.

"Trust me, it wasn't my intent to see you again but it seems as though you have taken someone. Someone that you shouldn't have"

"Is that so?" He raised an eyebrow "She chose to come here, and I don't intend her to leave anytime soon" He turned around and grabbed me, then pushed me into the wall "I actually don't intend you to be alive for much longer either"

"Don't" Miles called out

"Why not?"

"You already have enuff magic, any more and you will die"

He smiled "Well then, my last dying act would finally be getting revenge"

"Your too blinded by revenge, that's why I left, you never care about anything except power and revenge" His voice raised "Even Emerson knows it, you have practically forgotten about him"

"And what makes you think he's forgotten about me" Emerson spoke up "It's all just acting really, and oh how I hated it, pretending to be weak, being nice" He shook his head and a smirk formed on his face "And you all believed it. Miles, you're the one being forgotten, you're the weak one. Your girlfriend was such a bad influence on you, you could of been so much more powerful by now"

"This is not a gift, it's a curse"

"Your right, it some ways it is a curse, just like being a werewolf, but every curse has it's gifts if you choose to accept it, and if you do accept it I promise you it's a whole lot better"

"If you accept the gifts of a curse you could rather fight, then you just turn into a monster"

"Let me offer you a simple deal, either I kill you and take your magic, but then you won't be around to help anyone, or you kill me, and take my magic"

"I won't kill you"

Emerson took out his wand and pointed it at Miles. He started hitting him with spells that Miles kept on deflecting.

Suddenly a green light flashed and Emerson fell to the ground. Miles looked around and found Mattheo with his wand, still in his hand. They all stayed still and looked at each other silently.

"Oh, you will regret that" Malachi declared a couple seconds later

My eyes suddenly turned back to him in front of me. I saw the reflection of a dagger in his hands seconds before he stabbed me in the stomach. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out.

I started to feel my skin burn and my bracelet started to crack until it fell to the floor. I suddenly thought about Thomas and Mattheo and a second later Mattheo shouted my name then a wave of magic came out of nowhere and sent everyone flying into the walls. I slid down the wall and sat there in pain, trying not to look at the dagger and the blood.

Thomas and Mattheo ran over to me before kneeling down beside me. Mattheo pulled the dagger out and put his hands on the wound, trying to heal it.

(Mattheo's pov)

I kept trying to heal it but it was too much, I wasn't powerful enough. Suddenly Miles came over and put his hand on my shoulder and I instantly felt more powerful. A couple minutes later she was healed.

She had passed out and we brought her back to her dorm. Theodore was much better then he had been when we left him but he still was weaker than normal.

After dinner I went to check on Circe. She was awake, standing out on her balcony. I went out and saw she was drinking. "Are you slipping back into your old habits?" I asked

"No, just thinking" She replied, her eyes kept staring straight ahead

"About what?"

"Malachi"

"What about him?"

She tilted her head "How to make him disappear"

(Circe's pov)

"You mean how to kill him?" his voice grew colder

"Yes"

"Circe you can't kill him, it's impossible"

"Nothing is impossible," I noted. "But Mattheo, do you remember what he did to me?" My voice was getting louder by the second "He took away my magic, he threatened me, he hurt me, he stabbed me" I shouted and turned to face him "I could be dead right now"

"But you're not. Trust me, vengeance is not the answer"

I laughed "Thats funny coming from you considering all the people you have harmed and killed out of vengeance"

"Yeah, I did do that, but I regret it now, and I do not wish for you to make the same mistakes I did" He stopped to take a breath "Revenge feels great until you take it too far and end up with nothing left except this sad emptiness takes over and you are hit with a realization that you have become them, the person you despised. It's not worth it. You do not wish to become him"

"Well how am I supposed to move on when he's still alive, walking around the halls? How am I supposed to feel safe when he could hurt me, torture me, kill me at any given time?" I looked into his eyes "If I don't do something about him, I'm practically counting down the days till my death" A tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away 

"So tell me what am I supposed to do" 

973 words