At Midnight - 1

It was in the middle of the night and it was raining. Jay was waiting for the bus to come. He had an umbrella in his hand, looking at the ground, thinking about the day.

He was in thoughts till he noticed the bus coming. He went in and sat on the back of the bus.

The bus was empty. Only him and two other guys were there. They were smoking while talking to each other.

Jay tried calling his wife but his phone was already dead. He sighs while looking out of the window.

On the way to his apartment, the rain got heavier and the wind was hitting his face. Suddenly his umbrella flew away.

He looked back, searching for it. He was concerned. His wife had gifted him that on their first anniversary and it meant a lot to him.

He saw it on the other side and quickly went there only to see a big group of guys there, two of them being the same guys jay saw in the bus.

He walked to them trying to get it but another guy grabbed it not letting him.

Jay stood in front of him, "could you give it back," he asks, not looking at him but looking at the ground.

Jay had a weakness with eye contact which he didn't like in this situation. He wanted to look confident. He would always look somewhere else when talking to someone.

It was different with his wife and students, he could look at their eyes because they had innocent eyes who were filled with joy, unlike the guy in front.

The guy smirked, "and what do I get instead?" he says, checking the umbrella.

The guy was taller than him, pale face. His eyes were dark, jay assumed. Black hair and a mole next to his eyes, making him look even better. He was quite attractive.

"I just want my umbrella," he makes it short.

The guy had a playful smirk, "I have a better idea," he throws the umbrella on the ground and comes closer. He gestures some guys to go to him.

Jay was startled at the sudden action, looking at the umbrella on the ground. He tried taking it but he was pushed too by one of these guys.

He fell on the ground his head hitting the ground. Jay felt some guys kiking him on his stomach.

He was beaten till he couldn't move anymore. He felt his eyes closing and the last thing he saw was the guy leaving and the others following.

Jay was awoken by some noises coming from outside. He opened his eyes and looked around, the place being unknown.

After a moment he realised, he was lying In a hospital bed, a blanket covering him.

He looked at his arm it was bandaged and his head too. When he fell on the ground last night his head hit the floor and began to bleed. It hurt like hell.

He suddenly looked at the time. His wife was definitely worried about him.

Suddenly the door opened and a doctor came in.

"You're awake," he says, standing next to his bed. He checked if everything was alright and wrote something down. "Everything is fine but you need to stay here for a few days to fully recover. Don't worry we will let your family know you're here." He says, a warm smile on his face.

Jay puts the blanked away, standing up, a sudden pain being felt in his body but he ignored it. "I feel better, I have to go," he says, taking his clothes that was on the chair and going to change.

Jay quickly wore his clothes, which was difficult since his one arm was bandaged. He then took his bag with his broken umbrella and left the hospital, limping.

A bad feeling following him.