Sudden Coma and Unexpected Arrival

“Ron…” Cale calls out the old butler as he is looking at his twin brother who is now in deep sleep on the bed.

Ron, who is silently standing beside him, looks at Cale.

“Yes, Young Master?” Ron responds to Cale gently when he sees the child’s eyes looking so tired.

The old butler knew that Cale couldn't hold on any longer as the Count left, temporarily making Cale as the Acting Count for the time being and doing all the work that hadn't been done by his father.

Seeing Cale getting overworked from the papers, from simple problems to highly inappropriate problems that were not supposed to be seen to a child.

Everything makes Ron frown at the situation, especially that Cale is still a child to have these problems…and should be playing with his brother but no longer able to do that because of his brother’s sudden collapse and getting into a coma after.

“Ron, why is Roksu not waking up?” Cale asks with a tired and sad voice. Ron starts to caress his hidden knife in his pocket.

“We don’t know Young Master, but the healers are doing everything they can to help your brother” Ron responds and Cale just nods before going back to work again.

“...” Ron is feeling sour from not receiving a word from Cale. He understands him but…it really doesn’t feel right.

“Young Master” Ron calls and Cale slowly looks at him.

“Do you want some sweet tea and snacks while you work?” Ron says very gently to him and expects a response right now.

“...Please do Ron” Ron nods and bows before leaving to prepare the tea and snacks that might cheer Cale just a bit.

Meanwhile, as Cale is now alone, he starts to sob. Wondering why it is still the same except him working for his father’s neglected papers and his now comatosed brother.

Did he do something wrong? He tried to change everything by wanting to save his mother and being a calm and patient kid like he used to before his mother died in the past.

Did it not change at all and make his family die again in front of him?

How useless is he really?

Is he going to be a puppet again? Are they going to order the others to hurt him just to kill again?

He’s scared.

He’s really really scared…

.

.

.

Why’s he crying again?

Before Cale even tries to remember it, Ron comes back with the tea and snacks.

“Your tea and snacks are here Young Master—” Ron’s eyes widen as he sees Cale’s tears.

“Young Master?” Ron immediately puts down the tea and snacks on the table before going to carry Cale up and caressing his back to comfort him.

Cale trembles and clenches Ron’s coat on his back.

Cale begins to cry but quietly, tired and stressed from what’s happening around him despite being an adult in the past.

Cale didn’t know what to do anymore.

Can he change the future? Can he protect his family from dying?

He doesn’t know.

After that, Cale starts to work again in his father’s office with the help of Ron until it’s midnight. Cale doesn’t want to sleep due to the mountains of papers his father neglected but Ron insisted that he needs to sleep because it was not healthy for his body.