𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

more than meets the eye

maeve and i sat in silence a little too long for comfort. i still felt like she wasn't telling the truth. but the lack of talking was allowing my thoughts to talk way too much. "so, how's your chemistry class going?" i asked her in hopes of shedding the air of its tension.

"much better than yours," she said. "we just took the second quiz of the whole year, and it was on the movie we watched in class. hopefully he's your substitute."

"that would be great," i said. "do you think he'll let us have a bake sale?"

"oh, yeah. totally. he once had the class have a pie throwing contest, remember? he hurled one at jake. classic."

"really? he should have let me do that!" i joked. "who'd you throw one at?"

"mr grant. the whole class was cheering when it slid down his face and revealed a very unfortunate expression."

"you're making me so jealous."

"hey, at least since the subs have no clue about the notorious thumb war," she said, "you'll get to sit next to walker for a while!"

this was so confusing. maeve was constantly the cupid shooting arrows our way, our matchmaker. it wasn't like the arrows were aimed to harm us. so why was she being so enigmatic? why was i being so paranoid?

"look, it was silly of me to question you on that. you aren't the backstabbing type, and i know that," i admitted. "i just want to know why you're acting so furtive."

"you gotta let that me being the reader thing go, y/n." she took a sip of water like it was a shot glass. "a girl can get carried away, in the arms of infatuation and delusion to a place no one returns from. you just gotta let it happen."

i took a deep breath, knowing that it was the usual maeve talking with all the bizarro fluff. "okay. i'll let it go." i stuck my palms out disarmingly.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

i got home and all cozy into my bed. i could only be comfortable physically if i was mentally too. so to make sure i was cool with walker as well, after the prior night and last hangout with maeve, i texted him. he responded immediately.

you
hey walker!

walker
hi y/n
how's it going