Me and My Best Friend Depression

It had been a while since I last saw my best friend, Depression. We used to be inseparable, but life had taken us in different directions. I had changed, grown, and moved on, but a part of me still lingered in the past, where Depression remained.

As I opened the door, I was taken aback by the familiarity of his presence. It was as if no time had passed at all. Depression stood before me, his eyes still piercing, his smile still melancholic. We embraced, and I felt a mix of emotions: happiness, sadness, and nostalgia.

We sat down, and Depression asked about my life, my dreams, and my struggles. I shared my story, and he listened intently, his eyes never leaving mine. I could see the empathy in his gaze, the understanding that only comes from knowing someone's deepest pain.

As we talked, memories flooded my mind. I remembered the times we spent together, the laughter, the tears, and the silence. Depression had been my constant companion during difficult times, my confidant, my partner in crime. We had explored the depths of human emotion together, and I had thought that our bond was unbreakable.

But life had other plans. I grew, changed, and moved on, leaving Depression behind. Or so I thought.

As we reminisced, I realized that Depression had been with me all along, lurking in the shadows, waiting for me to acknowledge his presence. I had tried to shake him off, to pretend that he didn't exist, but he was always there, a constant reminder of my past.

We talked for hours, revisiting old haunts, old memories, and old wounds. Depression asked about my future plans, and I shared my dreams, my fears, and my doubts. He listened, his expression a mix of sadness and pride.

As the night wore on, I felt a sense of discomfort, a feeling that I had outgrown our friendship. Depression noticed the change in me, the distance that had grown between us. He knew that I was no longer the same person he had known, the same person he had comforted and supported.

In a moment of clarity, I realized that our friendship was no longer sustainable. I had changed, and Depression remained the same, a constant reminder of my past. I felt a pang of guilt, knowing that I was leaving him behind, just like I had done before.

As we parted ways, Depression hugged me tightly, his embrace a mix of love, sadness, and acceptance. I knew that this was goodbye, that our friendship had run its course.

"Take care of yourself," he whispered in my ear. "Don't look back. You don't belong where you used to."

I nodded, tears streaming down my face. I knew that he was right. I had to move forward, to embrace my new life, my new self.

As I watched Depression disappear into the night, I felt a sense of loss, a sense of grief. I had lost my best friend, my confidant, my partner in crime. But I had also gained a new perspective, a new appreciation for the complexities of life and relationships.

I knew that I would always carry Depression with me, that he would always be a part of me. But I also knew that I had to let him go, to allow myself to grow, to change, and to move forward.