Ages 9-12

Okay, this is where I started to go out more (after lockdown, duh), and choose my own clothes. Leggings were out, jeans in, hoodies galore, and baggy T-shirts. I was so fashionable. When I was 10, that's when we were in lockdown. I watched loads of Netflix shows during lockdown, and that's where I found my name. Ezra. I found it on one of those Netflix originals (The InBESTigators).

After lockdown, in year 6 (5th grade), I was best friends with a group of boys. We'd play football, and basketball, while my other friends did family games still, or sat and talked. I'd join them sometimes, but it never felt right. This is also the time when I discovered LGBT, and came out to my friends as enby. I was talking about it to one of my bsfs (We'll call her C), and my Mon, Tues, and Weds afternoon teacher was trying to stop me from telling my friend the right pronouns. I continued to go as she/her from then.

I questioned being trans a few times, but brushed it off. I never thought too deeply into it, so I kept away from the subject. As I got a phone, and my own room, I was alone more, and seeing more things about LGBTQ+.

By the time I was in Year 7, I went by she/they. My new friends didn't know, but I didn't mind.