→Rubrics←

The following are the 𝒓𝒖𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒔 for 𝓡𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭  1-

•𝑻𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒃
(Does the blurb pulls the attention of the reader to click on the read button? Does it provide enough information? Is it too long or short? How is the writing style?)

•𝑶𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈
(The opening ie. the first chapter. Does the chapter generate interest for the reader to read further? What is the lenght of the chapter?)

•𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓
(How is the story different from others? Even if it has a clinche plot, does it still have it's own uniqueness?)

•𝑽𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒃𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒚/𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒓
(Although initial chapters can be hard to write, basic grammar is still important to keep the readers intact. The length of the paragraphs, spacing, use of italics and bold etc will be taken in consideration along with the quality of vocabulary which you use.)

•𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒇𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓
(Self explanatory.)

For round 1 only the first three chapters will be read! (The above rubrics is not applicable for poetry and one shots.)

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Poetry rubrics for round 1~

•𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔
(Is the chapter name related to the poem? Is it original and creative?)

•𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚
(Are the commas, spacing between the words done nicely? Are the paragraphs broken in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the flow of the reader's reading?)

•𝑰𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒚
(How are the imagery used? Does it paint a picture in your mind? Can you hear the narrative voice generated in your head?)

•𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈/𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒓/ 𝑽𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒃𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒚
(Is the basic grammar used properly? Such as a,an and the. Is the first letter capital? Are the spellings correct? What quality of vocabulary is used?)

•𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒇𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓
(Self explanatory.)

For round 1 only the first three poems will be read!

[For round 1, there are no points, as long as your book contains everything which is mentioned in the rubrics then it will move on too round 2.]

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

One shot rubrics-

•𝑻𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆
(Is the title original and creative? Is it too common? Does it suit the story?)

•𝑩𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒃/𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
(How well does the blurb summarizes the essence of the story? Does the blurb captivate and generates interest for the reader? How unique is the blurb and does it stand out?)

•𝑶𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒉/𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆
(Does the writer engage the readers attention immediately? Is tone, setting and characters established quickly?)

•𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
(Are the characters believable and relatable? Can the reader connect to the character and it's journey? Are the characters actions and interactions, consistent and motivated? The depth and complexity of the character(s) throughout the one shot.)

•𝑷𝒍𝒐𝒕
(Does progression seem inevitable without being too predictable? Is the story interesting and compelling to read? The level of innovation and freshness of the plotline. The organization and pacing of the plot, including the opening, action,climax and resolution.)

•𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒕
(Does the protagonist have a problem serious enough for the reader to care? Is it solved at a satisfactory level?)

•𝑾𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
(Is the writing fresh and free of clinche? Are view point changes and pacing handled smoothly? Clarity and coherence of the writing style. The author's ability to use the language creatively and artistically.)

•𝑴𝒆𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒔
(Are the word limit and the pace of the plot accurate? Are the spellings accurate?Is the manuscript professionally written?)

•𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒓/𝑽𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒃𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒚
(One shot's overall adherence to grammatical rules and proper usage.)

•𝑶𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕
(Self explanatory.)

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

[The reason why I didn't include cover as a rubrics as in this awards I am solely judging based on the authors writing skills!]

--●❤●--