Chapter 5: Surprise & First meeting

Clara had been working nonstop on cleaning the building that would soon be her clinic, she was proud of herself and she hadn't told her dad nor bella about having purchased this beautiful small and homey building to open as her clinic yet as she wants to surprise both of them. The garden of flowers all amongst the pathway towards the front door of my building was beautiful with vibrant and colorful flowers that made the building pop, the best thing is that the building is only one block over both mine home as well as Dad's.

Clara was cleaning the debris and the dust that has been collected over the months that the building had stood empty before she had bought it when her phone rang, she put the bucket and towel down and picked up before answering after seeing that it was her dad, "Hey, dad! W-what holding on talk slower, i-I can't understand you!," As dad told me that he had gotten a called about Bella being in an accident after school, I was already locking up the building and climbing into my black BMW before driving to forks hospital.

I drove as fast as I could to forks hospital and arrived in record time before parking and walking fast into the hospital and up to the receptionist desk to ask for my sister before I was pointed to the direction of what room bella was in. I enter the hospital in which both Tyler, the owner of the van that almost killed my sister and bella whom seems to want to leave but looked relieved to see both dad and me with her.

I walked up to bella who remained seated in the corner of her hospital bed before wrapping her in a hug, bella was about to say something to me when the hospital door open and a handsome blonde hair doctor walked in as dad greeted him, "Doctor Cullen," Ah, so this was the mysterious adopted father of the Cullen family, he seems to look to young to be an adopted father and from Bella's former description of the Cullen siblings from school.. Carlisle seems to share the same paleness and golden eyes as his adopted children.

Clara had always hated The hospital room but most of she hated the cold, impersonal space, filled with the beeping of monitors and the antiseptic scent that clung to everything. I stood by Bella's side, my protective instincts as her older sister on high alert. She was trying to put on a brave face, but I could see the pain she was trying to hide. Dr. Cullen, whom I'd only heard of in passing, was checking her over with a professionalism that was somewhat comforting in this chaos.

"So, Miss Swan," Dr. Cullen's voice broke through the clinical silence, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Bella replied, though her voice lacked conviction.

He moved to the lightboard, flipping it on to reveal the X-ray images. "Your X-rays look good," he said. "Does your head hurt? Edward mentioned you hit it quite hard."

"It's fine," Bella insisted, though a scowl directed at Edward betrayed her true feelings.

Dr. Cullen's hands were cool as he gently probed her skull, causing Bella to wince despite herself.

"Tender?" he asked, concern flickering in his eyes.

"Not really," Bella muttered, clearly downplaying her discomfort.

I caught Edward's chuckle from the corner of the room, his expression one of amusement. I shot him a warning look, protective of my little sister.

Dr. Cullen seemed to sense the tension. "Well, your father is in the waiting room — you can go home with him now. But come back if you feel dizzy or have any vision problems," he advised.

Bella, ever stubborn, asked, "Can't I go back to school?"

"Maybe you should take it easy today," Dr. Cullen suggested gently.

Edward interjected with a smug comment about spreading their survival story, to which Dr. Cullen responded that most of the school was already aware and waiting outside.

Bella's mortification was palpable. "Oh no," she groaned, her face in her hands.

"Do you want to stay?" Dr. Cullen asked, a hint of humor in his voice.

"No, no!" Bella said quickly, swinging her legs off the bed and standing up too fast. She swayed, and I was immediately by her side, my arm around her waist. "I've got you," I said firmly.

"I'm fine," Bella insisted, though it was clear she wasn't.

"Take some Tylenol for the pain," Dr. Cullen offered, writing something on her chart.

"It doesn't hurt that bad," she said, stubborn as ever.

Dr. Cullen gave her a reassuring smile. "It seems you've been very lucky."

"Lucky Edward was there," Bella corrected sharply, her gaze on Edward filled with a mix of gratitude and questions.

Dr. Cullen's eyes met mine for a moment, a silent acknowledgment passing between us before he turned his attention to Tyler. "I'm afraid you'll be staying with us a bit longer," he told him, beginning to tend to his injuries.

As Dr. Cullen walked away, I kept my arm around Bella, my mind racing with questions. Edward, who had been quiet until now, slipped out of the room, leaving a trail of mystery behind him. Bella's eyes followed him, filled with a need for answers that I knew all too well. As her older sister, I was determined to help her find them, no matter what secrets we might uncover.