Advantages and disadvantages?

I walked stealthily in the dark hidden under Harry's invisibility cloak. I had snuck out of my room in order for me to go into Snape's storage unit in the Potions dungeon. "Lumos," I whispered taking out my wand. I tried to open the door but obviously it was locked. "Alohomora." I whispered again but the door did not move instead, it seemed to set of some kind of really loud alarm. Panicking I ran all the way to my room and bumped into Snape who seemed to be in a hurry in the opposite direction. Thankfully I was so short that even when I fell down, the cloak still covered me so I fled and left Snape grasping the air.

On Monday morning, upon reaching the Gryffindor common room, I noticed that there was a large sign on the notice board, Harry and Ron were standing by, reading it. The new sign was printed in large black letters and there was a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly signature.

— by order of —

The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

"This isn't a coincidence," Harry said, his hands forming fists. "She knows."

"She can't," said Ron at once.

"There were people listening in that pub. And let's face it, we don't know how many of the people who turned up we can trust. . . . Any of them could have run off and told Umbridge."

"No one could have-" I started

"Zacharias Smith!" said Ron at once, punching a fist into his hand.

"Or — I thought that Michael Corner had a really shifty look too —"

"You are just saying that because you don't like the fact that he's dating Ginny." I countered.

"I wonder if Hermione's seen this yet?" Harry said, looking around at the door to the girls' dormitories.

"Let's go and tell her," said Ron. He bounded forward, pulled open the door, and set off up the spiral staircase. I debated whether to stop him or not but I finally decided not to.

He was on the sixth stair when it happened. There was a loud, wailing, klaxon like sound and the steps melted together to make a long, smooth stone slide. There was a brief moment when Ron tried to keep running, arms working madly like windmills, then he toppled over backward and shot down the newly created slide, coming to rest on his back at Harry's feet.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, boys aren't allowed in the girls dormitories." I said bursting into a fit of laughter.

Two fourth-year girls came zooming gleefully down the stone slide.

"Oooh, who tried to get upstairs?" they giggled happily, leaping to their feet and ogling Harry and Ron.

"Me," said Ron, who was still rather disheveled. "I didn't realize that would happen. It's not fair!" he added to Harry, as the girls headed off for the portrait hole, still giggling madly. "You guys are allowed in our dormitory, how come we're not allowed — ?"