Episode LXXV~ Incomplete Love

"The whereabouts of a witch can never be discovered. She might be standing right in front of you, but still, you won't know. Before taking their vows as the master of dark arts, they build an elusive illusionary barrier that blocks their true appearance from the world. Only God can see past it. This barrier is stripped when they are conducting a ritual. It is the only time when you can see them. Without illusion, their features are described as toothless, crooked nose, wide eyes, wrinkled skin, and a moderate hump on the back, missing nails, balding scalp and a malnourished frame."

The information rang in her mind.

A message conveyed by the Saint decades ago finally found its living proof.

It didn't take Gauri longer to realize who the woman in front of her was.

She was the infamous witch, who had been haunting the Rana family for longer than two decades. The woman is responsible for all the bad omens and tears.

A betrayal harsher than a scar inflected by a sword seared through Gauri's heart. The woman she considered her confidant all this time, was the one after her life. She thought of Ambika as part of her family. Hell, Vasundhara blindly trusted the woman with her home.

The witch passed her a crooked smile before bringing her blood-stained thumb forward and drawing a sigil on Gauri's forehead.

"Stop it, please. I beg of you." The heartbroken tone didn't deter the vengeful lust of the old matron. "Please, don't kill me. I have nothing to do with any of this. I have never hurt anybody. Ambika ji, spare us. Do you not fear God?" Gauri begged, catching the witch's attention, who caressed her hair and sighed.

"There are times when what I do brings me joy. The little victories, the tears of my prey, their mental dilemmas and helplessness, make my heart feel so full. They endure the pain blindly, not knowing I am the one who pulls the strings of their fate and exult in their misery. But there are moments like these that bring me no joy. I hope you know that. The hour of sacrifice is the toughest to cross, for I had to deliver a piece of my soul too.

My dear, in that carcass of a house regulated by egotistical monarchs, you are the only being with a golden heart. Innocent and unpretentious. My heart throbs at the thought of laying such a pure soul in the devil's arms. I hope you know that this is the first time, I am apprehensive about what is to come. I never wished such fate upon you. But in the path of retribution, you have to dig multiple graves to heal your inner demons.

As for the God- do you not know, he has already left, and the devil has taken his place?"

Gauri shook her head in disbelief and sobbed.

"Please, stop this. Black magic has never healed anyone. This is madness. You can not fix yourself by breaking someone else."

The witch's solemnness evaporated, and she levelled the young girl with a hard glare.