Sublime~3

It's 5:30 pm and I'm beyond tired. I know I agreed to a date, but my feet hurt, and my head is pounding. I feel a migraine coming, and I need to get home before then. I've been so busy running errands for my boss, Elena, that I haven't eaten since this morning. My vision blurs. I think I'm going to faint. I sway on my feet and nearly topple over when a deep voice says, "Shit. I've got you." Big, strong, tattooed arms lift me. I cuddle into a hard chest that smells of body wash and aftershave.

I look up into a pair of cat-like eyes. Beautiful golden eyes that crinkle up with a smile as our gazes lock. Such beauty on a man should be a crime. Us women don't stand a chance when they make 'em like this. "Let me take you home." I nod, mesmerized. I must have fainted, and now I'm dreaming of a beautiful man coming to my rescue...

Or you're tired and delirious.

"Wow, you're gorgeous."

A deep rumble of sexy laughter vibrates his chest. "So women keep telling me," he responds.

"Is she alright?"

"Yeah, I think so. Let's just get her home. I got her keys and phone. Follow behind us." Wait no! I don't need them knowing where I live. The protest is on the tip of my tongue, but nothing comes out. "Give me directions home."

Pulling up directions to home, Siri responds.

He places me in the passenger seat of my car and moves to the driver's side. I drift off as the migraine begins its assault. When we arrive at my apartment, I'm carried up bridal style to my floor.

They enter and place me on my sofa. No one turns on the lights, which I'm grateful for. I hear rummaging in my medicine cabinet. Someone places a pill to my lips. "Here, take this, lass." I take the pills and am grateful for the cold water that follows and the ice pack that's placed on my forehead. Thirty minutes later, I smell good cooking and men talking and laughing quietly in the kitchen. It isn't unpleasant, but I didn't ask for any of this. No one takes care of me. I've been taking care of myself and everybody else. I have a large family with six other siblings. And everybody knows that in those families, the oldest girl is given the most responsibility. I've been changing diapers since I was nine just to help mom in place of an emotionally distant father.

It brings tears to my eyes that someone cares enough about my needs. It means everything. A tear spills down my cheek, and I quickly wipe it away. I sit up. "Hey," I call out. Both men come quickly with similar looks of concern.

"Feeling better, lass?"

"Yes, thank you. You can... go now." This... this is just too much. I need to be alone with my thoughts.

They ignore me, of course. "We've got dinner cooking. It should be ready in a few. You just relax."

"There's no need-

"He said relax. So you relax. We've got this. Most importantly. We've got you." The twin pushes me back against my sofa pillows and begins massaging my feet. It feels so good I close my eyes and purr like a little kitten.

I wore pointed-toe pumps (work dress code required by my boss) that were pinching the hell out of my feet. It was awful.

"You poor thing." I realized I said that last bit out loud. "We planned to take you out, but when we saw you looking so exhausted... our plans changed. Why do you work so hard?"

"Some of us have to." There's a lot more to the story, but I don't go into details. They don't need to know that I ruined my marriage by getting my tubes tied. I didn't want children, but I guess my ex-husband thought I would change my mind. I didn't. He was so angry and hurt he filed for divorce. They also don't need to know that I lost my good-paying job due to poor work performance. I went through a rough time after the divorce. I couldn't eat nor sleep, discovering that the man I loved had moved on to a new relationship and was engaged after the divorce was final. Then it had hit me. He cheated. It was the only explanation on how he was able to quickly move on. "So why are you doing this for a woman you just met?"

A dark expression crosses his face, but it's gone in an instant. "It's in our nature." He sounds a bit sad, almost forlorn even.

"Dinner's ready," the other twin calls out. They feed me juicy, delicious steak and some well-seasoned stir-fry. Even after dinner, the two of them clean my kitchen. I don't have to lift a finger even though I insisted. I notice how at ease they are and very sure of themselves around my place like they belong. It's a bit unsettling to watch but so damn sexy. It's something so attractive about domesticated men.

"Oooh, this is my favorite part..." They're actually sitting on my sofa watching Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys with me. Don't they have better things to do? Neither one is paying the movie any real attention. Both of their focus is on me. Bane is playing with my hair, twirling it around his finger while Tank's hand is resting on my upper inner thigh. Possessively, I might add.

I can feel my heart pound and temperature rise. They're barely touching me and I'm already...

I want to throw caution to the wind and throw myself into their arms. I hug the pillow tighter. Then Bane pulls it from my arms. "We won't hurt you, Sublime. If that's what you're worried about?"

"We want to only give you pleasure. Never pain." Tank moves in closer. That's when I notice the silver flecks within his golden eyes. Such peculiar eyes. His dark raven hair falls forward, shielding half of his face like a curtain.

"You're too good to be true-

"Kiss me." His hands caress the back of my neck. Our lips meet and... yeah, I definitely wasn't imagining my reaction to him the first time. My heart vibrates in my chest- like it literally vibrates. My hands fly to his hair unable to control my reaction to him. I moan into his mouth loving the feel of him.

Bane taps his shoulder, laughing. "Enough. It's my turn," he says. There's something here. Something between us that I can't quite explain. I want to explore it. Better yet I want to know if they feel it too.

"So... I have a T.V. in my room. We could finish the movie there." I want them to stay so bad. Is it wrong that I want them to stay?

Both men lie in my bed on either side of me. Thank God I listened to Muffins when she said I needed a California King bed. They don't pressure or force sex. We simply lie in bed talking about any and everything. I learn that Tank and Bane have a sister in which they don't have a great relationship with. But they absolutely adore their little niece. They also train fighters. Some of which became well-known in the UFC.

I really enjoy their company and before long all three of us fall asleep.