"None of which we're here to see," Archie chimed in before Douxie could get all nerdy and want to sight-see.

"What about Vanaheim?" Douxie asked him, smiling when Archie glowered at him.

"What's Vanaheim?" Steve asked.

"There are technically two Vanaheims, but ours is a real island. It's the final resting place of the dragons."

"Allegedly," Archie sniffed. "We both know what happened to them."

"Yes, but it's still an island. We've been there."

"Which I hated."

"Only because Hookfang—"

"You do not need to tell the story!" Archie interrupted. He looked up at Carter. "Make him stop."

Carter smiled despite his clear exhaustion. "Come on, babe. Don't torture him."

Douxie smirked. "The other Vanaheim, Steve, is part of the Norse Nine Realms. It's home to the Vanir, gods of fertility, wisdom, foresight, etc."

"Everything you aren't?" Archie teased.

"Hey."

"Realms?" Aja asked.

Douxie sighed. "Man, I really need to give you guys that crash course in mythology."

"It's okay, Teach," Claire said. "I know what you're talking about."

"Thank the gods."

"Wouldn't thank them just yet," Jamie muttered, leaning on the rail. "Right, so we're looking for Nimue?" He looked at Harley. "Which way, little dude?"

"Oh." Harley tugged the compass from his shirt. "Um..." his brows furrowed. "Thaaattt way," he pointed starboard.

"Excellent," Douxie cracked his knuckles, grabbing the steering wheel. "Not much longer till we reach her, I reckon."

Carter snorted. "You say that, and yet you're almost never right."

Douxie rolled his eyes. "I thought you were supposed to be deeply and irrevocably in love with me."

"I am," Carter slid next to him, smiling despite his still very pale skin and dark eye bags. He kissed Douxie's shoulder. "But since when does that mean I can't tease you."

Douxie sighed, turning the wheel starboard, watching the sun come up over the horizon. "Crap."

Jim sighed too. "Well, at least we're here now. We still have plenty of time to find Nimue and figure out what's going on."

"Yeah." Steve nodded. "Five weeks is plenty of time."

"I don't think he understands the concept of jinxes," Carter muttered.

"No, I don't think he does." Douxie agreed, giving his lover a once over. "Are you sure you're okay, cariad? You still look... well..."

Carter eyed him. "What?"

Douxie puffed out his cheeks, grip tightening on the wheel's pegs. "You'll kick me."

"Depends on your word choice."

He averted his gaze, chewing on his lip.

"Baby," Carter gently squeezed his arm. "I'm kidding. It's okay."

Douxie huffed. "You still look like death warmed over."

Carter's face did a funny thing. Instead of looking mildly offended or even smiling like it was a joke, he looked away, brows creasing.