Chapter 14:Strenght doesn't make a general

Cocytus has been given a new task and he is gonna succed in it. The task was very to the point, lead an army to exterminate the lizardmen.

He's not very sure why the lizardmen are considered a threat to Nazarick. However, he'll bring his lord's will to fruition.

The army he was given is composed of skeletons and insectoids. There is also an Elder Lich created by Ainz that he was given, but Ainz told him not to overuse that undead.

Lastly, he was not to be in the frontlines. He was going to act as a general and control the troops from the headquarter.

A newly constructed headquarter, that was away from Nazarick abd pretty close to the territory of the lizardmen, he was just arriving at. He was expecting to see Aura, she was the one to oversee the constructions.

What he didn't expect to see was Kumagawa stading right beside her, drinking hot green tea from a Japanese cup. The minus was the first to notive his arrival, giving him a wave of his hand as greeting.

Aura:We've been waiting for you, general. Everything is ready.

Cocytus:You have my gratitude, but...What is Kumagawa-dono doing here?

Aura:Ah, he was just here to bother me.

Kumagawa:[Hey, hey, that's mean. Maybe I haven't really came here with much care of the project, but I helped, didn't I?]

Aura:I can't really deny that. You're pretty good at organizing stuff.

Kumagawa:[It's more about experience than anything else.]

Cocytus:Hm? Kumagawa-dono, have you been in a leading position before?

Kumagawa:[Well, something like that. I wanted to help at the beggining, you know? But Ainz-chan was a meanie and send that rotten cloud instead! Hmph!]

Aura:If you were the one to announce the lizardmen of our attack, there wouldn't be much of a fight. Maybe it'd be something different if you used that aura of yours, but something tells me you wouldn't. No, you'd have rather slaughtered most of them to make a point out of your intimidation, wouldn't you?

Kumagawa:[Oya, have I become predictable? Woe is me!]

Aura:Wow, what a tragedy...

Kumagawa:[Can you blame me? I have to either be murderous or creepy. Do you see this baby face? How else do you think I can intimidate anyone?]

Cocytus:...You two seem rather close.

At the beggining the Guardians tried to have as few interactions with Kumagawa as possible. Having been so easily killed by a human was a great blow to their pride.

But in time, Kumagawa's constant need to entertain himself by getting in someone's head helping to that, they each managed to develop a healthy working relationship with the minus. However, Kumagawa and Aura seem to be in much friendlier terms right now.

Aura:Eh? I guess. We just hamged around for a bit.

Kumagawa:[Well, I think we should get going. Etona-chan is already inside with the last fetails you have to know.]

Cocytus:I understand. Thank you for your hard work.

With a boy Cocytus walked further and entered the main building. There laid a girl dresses as a main waiting fir him.

She had purple hair, with two antenas on the top of her head, and her face was covered by a moving mask. Her name was Etona Vasillisa Zeta.

Etona:I have come to visit the front

Etona:I have come to visit the front. Ainz-sama had send these to you.

Etona handed Cocytus a bunch of scrools, which Cocytus took gratefully. The ive based insectoid was a bit surprised by their high quality.

Cocytus:Are these...Made of ship skin? I heard there are few as such in Nazarick.

Etona:Thanks to Demiurge-sama's research, we have been able to secure a supply of them. If you have problems with them, please raport that.

Cocytus:I see...Understood.

Etona:It looks like you'll have to show results with this war.

Cocytus:...Well then, I'm done here...So you shall return?

Etona:No...I shall be observing how everything plays out.

Cocytus nodded his head hearing that. So she was sent here as an superviser of sorts.

Cocytus:...In that case, watch from over there. Advance.

Both Kumagawa and Aura wete walking through green fauna to the current locations Ainz and the other Guardians were waiting for them at. While Kumagawa could have just instantly transported them there, he quite enjoys a leisure walk.

Aura:So, how do you think this will play out?

Kumagawa:[If you ask for my personal opinion, Cocytus-chan will lose.]

Aura:How cold! Cocytus might be cold resistant, but his poor heart would break if he herd you say that!

Kumagawa:[Ah, let me explain it in detail then. He'll lose the war, but win the final battle.]

Aura:Huh?

Kumagawa:[You are all Floor Guardians, as such your first prority was to fight off any invaders with all your strenght until death. That can be quite a weakness, as most of you are more used to fighting by yourself rather than leading others. Of course, not all of you are so bad to it. If it comes to a scale of leading others, let's see...You, Shalltear-chan and Demiurge-chan would place the highest, while Cocytus-chan would place the lowest.]

Aura:Ah, so that's what you mean. So Cocytus will be forced to fight by himself at the end, huh?

Kumagawa:[Yes. In a way, you could say he'll fail the assigment. But if Cocytus-chan fights, even if the lizardmen still have all their manpower, they'd have no chance. Well, it all leads to the same result.]

Arriving at Nazarick they made their way to the throne room. Kumagawa decided to show his good manners and open the door.

He also did that to cooly walk with with his hands in his pocket with Aura, who was shorter than him, behind. He always wanted to do such a scene, but sadly neither Hakoniwa nor any of the other schools he has been to had a throne room.

The Floor Guardians were standing perfectly alligned on both Ainz's left and right. The Overlord himself sat confortably on his throne.

Kumagawa suddenly appeared behind Ainz's throne, peeking at what the Mirror of Remote Viewing was showing. He could see the Elder Lich sending waves after waves of fire towards a four headed hydra to no effect at all.

Kumagawa:[Wow, the situation escalated quickly. How much of our troops already rests in pieces.]

Ainz:Only the undead, Cocytus send no insectoids yet.

Kumagawa:[Huh, makes sense. Skeletons don't get tired or feel pain and aren't that much of a hassle to mass produce. But that one really deals no damage at all, huh? That lizard must hide somewhere close and use that magic weapon to negate the Elder Lich's attacks.]

Ainz:Yes, I have come to the same conclusion.

Kumagawa:[Huh, not a half bad trick. I might like this guy more than I thought.]