Chapter 39: Singularity

Start from the beginning

Then, it showed the crowned android on the ground after his fight with Shiki. "Shiki, this planet is no place for a human." He held his hand in the air as he watched Shiki leave on the Aqua Wing

The other androids spoke. "Because once we stop working, he will end up alone." "He won't leave us unless we do something like this." "He'll go on about fixing all of us."

"Everyone, all of you put on a great act!" Sir Castellan lowered his hand on the ground as his Ether depleted.

Then, the video ended. So the robots pretend to be bad so they could send Shiki off. I wish it could've worked out in different circumstances, but everyone's lives, even robots and humans, will soon come to an end.

It was silent for a few seconds before Happy broke it. "No way."

"That was all an act?" Rebecca's voice quivered.

"This can't be true...everyone..." Shiki allowed his tears to finally fall. He stood with his back to us and his fists clenched.

"Master..."

A loud rattle of footsteps came from behind us. It was slowly walking closer to us. "Honorable robots, rest in peace." A familiar voice said.

We all turned around and were greeted with the android from the video. Shiki's grandfather Ziggy, the Demon King. His appearance looked different. He looked worn out and one of his horns was gone and moss had grown over several spots of his body.

"Grandpa?" Shiki stared at him with his mouth open and a shine in his eyes. He was happy to be reunited with his grandfather.

Hermit also smiled with loving tears in her eyes. "Ziggy."

"My master?"

'But wait... Didn't Shiki say he was dead?'

Shiki slowly approached him. His slow stroll picked up into a happy run. "G-Grandpa... You're alive! I thought you were dead!"

Silently, Ziggy raised his hand and made the broken ground rise up, causing Shiki and the rest of us to fall. Then, a strong pressure was forcing us to stay down.

Satan's Gravity. That's Shiki's Ether. I've never been on the receiving end of it this way. It's so intense. I can't move at all.

"Ziggy! What are you doing?!" Hermit screamed.

"Grandpa! Stop it!" Shiki had a bit of a tolerance to it as he held his body up on his knees. But when Ziggy focused his power onto him, Shiki was forced down as well. He grunted as his face slammed onto the hard floor.

Ziggy stared at Shiki looking troubled. I don't understand what's going on but that didn't look like the face of someone who is trying to hurt their son-figure. No, he looks like he's trying to get Shiki to listen so he can get his words out.

"Shiki...I was wrong. I shouldn't have raised you, and I shouldn't have sent you off into space." Suddenly, Ziggy's face went dark and his frown turned into a malicious smirk. "Humans are such ugly and foolish creatures."

Hearing this, Shiki gasped in disbelief. "Something's wrong." I say under my breath. Homura, being next to me, heard me. "What," she asked.

"His entire aura changed, like a switch was flipped." The pressure was gone and we were able to sit up, finally.

"No! You're wrong!" Hermit shouted. "Humans and robots are all different individuals! Not everyone is evil!"

Ziggy ignored her cries and continued on. "Of course, there are useful humans too." Instantly, the sky darkened to a sinister magenta color. Lightning danced across the skies and the clouds swirled harshly. Something was coming. An opening appeared up above and a giant ship slowly lowered itself down.