Chapter 8: Shiki vs Elsie

After some time, we cleared the last couple of floors and made our way to Shiki. The ship shook and rumbled, I suspected he must've been fighting. It shocked us all when he came crashing down through the ceiling— and from the looks of it several floors—with Elsie under him. 'Ouch'

"Shiki!" Rebecca called his name. He was shirtless and his pants were scratched up on the bottom and he was standing over Elsie's defeated body. She was wearing some kind of skull mask now, and her arms were tentacles.

"We got here the second you fell. Wait! Why the hell aren't you wearing a shirt?" Rebecca reprimanded him. "Oh, some of my clothes tore off when I used my powers." Pino explained, "The gravity must have destroyed the fibers in them."

"Makes sense, everything else is basically destroyed." I said, analyzing the condition of the room. It's all a mess now, this'll be a hassle to clean.

"Is that Elsie?" Happy asked, walking up to her. Then, her body started to melt into some magenta goo. "AHHH!" Happy screamed and I stepped back in disgust, not wanting to be near it. A tiny little alien appeared from the puddle. Its single eye looked at us like we weren't supposed to see their transformation just now, so it skidded around the ship in a frenzy.

"AHH!" Rebecca and Weisz screamed. "I'm so confused, right now...Is this Elsie Crimson?" I looked at Shiki confused.

A laugh catches our attention as a screen appears in front of us. The red haired pirate was showcased, "That was a parasite, capable of mimicking the human body. Kawpicatt S4. I've been using that ship you're abroad as a storage unit for a while. Looks like some bugs made themselves right at home there."

"A bug?!" Shiki jumped in his skin, growing physically uncomfortable. I'm starting to think he has a fear of them. "No, Shiki. Not a bug, don't worry." I tried to comfort him but he didn't look like he believed me.

"If I had to guess, those things alter their forms using the DNA of the crewmen on board. Although I suppose they were too weak to make a good copy of me, huh?" She chuckled to herself with a confidently raised chest.

"Too weak, huh?" I turn my head to look at all the damage caused. With the multiple huge holes in the ceilings and the debris everywhere, I can't imagine how much power Elsie actually held.

"You have my thanks for getting rid of those filthy things while I stay nice and cozy on another ship."

"So you tricked us!" Shiki glared, "You were a stinkin' bug!" Sighing, Happy shakes his head, "That's not what she was saying at all..."

"Save your anger for cleaning up the rest of that ship. It's all yours now."

"What do you mean?" Pino asked.

Elsie paused, and her smile grew more genuine now. There was kindness in the way her eyes slightly lit up, "That ship you're on, I'm giving it to you."

"Seriously?!" Shiki exclaimed.

"But why?" Happy asked.

"I fail to compute."

"Shiki defeated the copy of me, so it's only fair. And well, to be honest, I was planning on giving you the ship eventually, Shiki." He looked at her with confusion now, "Huh?" "But it would have been boring to give it up too soon. And I wanted to see your power for myself."

"So you were planning on giving it to me? Why?"

"That ship used to belong to Ziggy, the Demon King." Shiki gasped, with the mention of his grandfather, he clung to every word she said. "Long ago, Ziggy left on a journey outside the Sakura Cosmos in that same ship, to find Mother. I first met Ziggy while he was on his way home. As you can guess, he never found Mother. But he did find you, Shiki."