18. Ryker

The drive to Preston's family was filled with excitement and joy as Preston and the twins talked about how Preston's older sister will react upon seeing him again after having moved in with me a few weeks ago.

"How far are we from the house?" He asked turning to look at me and I smiled giving him a quick glance before focusing on the road ahead.

"About five minutes," I replied, "so sit properly don't want you to get hurt in case I have to do a quick turn or brake fast."

He nodded as he turned in his seat to look ahead with a radiant smile. A smile I didn't want to see disappear if I were to tell him that I've been sensing rogues in the distance. I could feel Zeus pacing in my head as we drew closer to the SaintClaire household.

>lets get to his parents house first before we decide to do anything else< Zeus said and I gave him a mental nod as I focused on driving and getting both my siblings and mate to safety.

"Are you okay?" Preston asked from beside me and I looked over and gave him a reassuring smile and nod.

"Yes," I replied but I could sense he didn't believe me but didn't have time to question it as I was already pulling in front of his family home. His parents had already known of our visit and were waiting for us outside when I parked the car. Preston was the first to get out as soon as the car was parked and ran to give his parents a hug that they returned with equal affection to their youngest child. Benson, Luna and I soon joined them with handshakes and hugs before Jessie was leading them inside leaving Princeton and I outside.

"You sense them too," he said and I nodded knowing what he meant. Inside I could hear Preston getting his siblings with the birthday girl screaming in delight at seeing him again. "How many do you think there are?"

"I don't know," I said as I looked towards the woods as a howl rang through the silent air making Zeus pace in my head just as Preston's voice echoed in.

>what was that?< he asked voice tinged with worry and fear.

>nothing you need to worry about love< I replied before looking at Princeton who had zoned out meaning he was either talking with his mate or the alpha.

"Let's go," he said once he was done, "we're meeting Alaska at the pack house." I nodded and followed him in shifting into our wolf forms before running in the direction of the pack house. I saw a few of my pack members emerging from the woods and gave them an order to defend the house with their lives before I turned and ran after Princeton.

>be careful, Ryker< Preston said through our mind link.

>always am, angel, be back soon< I closed the mind link and focused on running after the Beta.

As we reached the pack house, the loud howls coming from the words grew closer making me snarl.

>how many do you think we'll be dealing with?< Zeus asked

>I don't know but I have a feeling it's a big group< I replied as Alaska and her siblings emerged from the house with her parents Bennett and Dimitri.

"I have already sent scouts to see how many rogues there are," she said as a few scouts emerged from the trees, "how many?"

"A good amount alpha," one said and Alaska nodded as she sighed, "we were able to secure the east, south and west boarders but the north and west are still vulnerable to and can be an opening for the rogues to get through."

"Anton, you and William will take a groups of fighters to those boarders and help protect the boarders. Will be easy to defend the pack from any rogue that managed to get through."Alaska said and the men nodded before they ran back into the trees with a good amount of warriors shifting into their wolf forms. Alaska then turned to us, "Where are Jessie and the kids?"