𝟬𝟬𝟵 - 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗲

.⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

(TW: blood, violence, a lot of Snow and shooting)

THE AUDIENCE ERUPTED in screams as the color drained from Arachne's face.

Blood streamed down Arachne's fingers as she clutched her throat in desperation. Stepping back, she reached out with a hand soaked in crimson, beseeching the audience for assistance. However, no one moved; instead, the crowd simply looked at the horrific scene and stepped back.

The screams echoed, causing everyone to flinch at their piercing, violent intensity. Nevertheless, the cameras continued to record, documenting the unfolding events, yet not a single soul mustered the courage to aid the Crane girl, who remained on her knees, her hands stained with blood. It seemed like nobody had the courage to offer her assistance.

Nobody wanted to help her.

Most of the students seemed to have already left in fright; however, another part was still looking at the scene, capable of moving; after all, the person on the ground was not an unknown person; she was a long-time friend, they grew up together.

"Someone help her!" Coriolanus cried out in distress, his hands letting go of the bars, before approaching Arachne, who seemed to be trying to speak. "Help her." Lucy Gray shouted at him, but when he looked back and noticed the cameras heading his way, he did his best to maintain a calmer posture. Yet, he was the first to reach out to her.

Arachne's hands grabbed Coriolanus's shirt, like the life speed out of her. "Medic!" The boy screamed as he heard Crane's feet slam violently against the ground, but the audience only moved back in terror. "Is there a doctor there? Please someone help me!" He screamed while pressing on her neck in a silly attempt to stop the bleeding; however, he quickly removed it when he heard a choking sound coming from her mouth. "Come on!" He shouted to the crowd.

With Snow's scream, Eyana seemed to snap out of a trance, her attention returning to the present. However, she found herself unable to move, and when she looked down, she noticed Hilarius' firm grip on her waist, his concern evident in both of their eyes. Still, she tried to fight against his grip, her determination fueled by the urgency of what was happening, but despite her efforts, she remained there, her face full of tears, trying to call her friend's name to deaf ears.

Yet, he didn't flinch, afraid of what might happen if she got too close to the scene.

"You have to calm down." Hilarius spoke softly into the agitated girl's ear. "The peacekeepers are coming; she's going to be fine!" He spoke uncertainly, holding her even tighter against him, knowing that his words were not true.Deep down, he knew that there was no longer any salvation, not for Arachne.

It was evident to everyone that she was facing imminent death, and the desperation in her eyes only confirmed that she was aware of it as well.

Upon seeing that the peacekeepers were actually arriving, Eyana seemed to calm down a little in the boy's arms, but however, the small feeling of calm disappeared when she saw that they were raising their weapons towards the tributes' cage and causing her to hold her breath, which didn't go unnoticed by the boy holding her, who, looking in the same direction as her, gave a shout to Bobbin and Wovey.