Annoying Americans

The American team was going to land in Japan in just a few days. There was an interview with their coach, Mr. Apollo, on tv that you and the others watched in the clubroom. From the look on that guy's face, you could tell he was a jackass.
"Look at him petting his cat, smoking a cigar 'n shit!" you pointed. "Dude wants to be a cartoon villain!"
"Ssssh." Mamori shushed.
You groaned and leaned back in your chair.
"What are we looking forward to the most?" he said. "Why sushi, tempura and miso soup! I also hope to climb Mt. Fuji. Who do I think will win? Come on, I'm a formal NFL player!" he laughed. "You can tell these Devil Bats that if by some miraculous fluke we lose, I'll perform 'dogeza' for them!"
You clenched your fists and ground your teeth. Sensing a dark energy emanating from you, those who sat near you quickly but discreetly moved their chairs away. Monta wasn't happy either.
"He's making fools of us!"

"He'd better watch the dogeza talk, or we WILL have him down on his knees." Hiruma smirked.
"We'll have this bond villain motherfucker lick our shoes clean!" you hit the table.
"This guy's a garbage coach. He's using Panther as a ball boy."
"Panther?" you and Sena looked back at him.
He pointed back at the screen. You both turned around and gasped when you saw a tall dude running across the screen so fast the camera couldn't follow him. He was previously picking up footballs and putting them in a basket while the team was practicing. When a ball was too high to catch, he ran from all the way across the field to catch it.
'Touchdown!' you thought.
"That's the BALL BOY?!" you asked.
"He steps so lightly!" Kurita said in awe.
"Panther, the man with zero-gravity legs." Hiruma smiled.
"I've never seen anyone run like that." you heard Sena whisper to himself. "I want to compete with him...on the field."
You could tell seeing Panther has lit a fire in him. But you never understood how that could feel, nor could you picture yourself to feel anything like he was feeling right now.

"If he's a ball boy, the chances of him coming here are low, right?" you asked Hiruma.
"Right." he smirked. "And as long as he doesn't play, we're guaranteed to win."
"Oh. Cool."
For some reason, this didn't feel right to you. After the interview was over, you and the team went out to practice.
"Our 'Alien Autopsy' plan is all about the blitz!" Hiruma announced. "It's an aggressive defense style. The Aliens' strongest weapon is their long bomb. To stop it, we need everyone to abandon their usual positions and rush their quarterback! That's a blitz."
"So it's basically us tackling him before he passes?" Kurita asked.
"Doesn't that leave the back field wide open?" Monta tilted his head.
"We should leave a few behind just in case, right?"
As a response, Hiruma took out a flamethrower and began to fire it in the air, making everyone but you freak out.

"It's all or nothing! Kill or be killed! Kekekeke! Starting today, everyone's doing tackling practice! That goes for you too, Impie!"
"Why?" you raised an eyebrow.
"You're focusing on strength right now, don't you? Get to it!"
There were mannequins in the colors of the Aliens team and the Devil Bats got to training. Everyone was really putting a hundred percent into it. Sena straight up broke one!
"Woah!" you let out.
"Aaah!" he panicked and quickly stood up. "I'm sorry I'm sorry!"
"Don't worry about it." Hiruma said, not even looking at him. "I'll just make the principal buy us new ones!"
While everybody quickly went back to practice, you stood there baffled. The first time you saw Sena, you wouldn't even consider the idea that we played American football. Now he broke a mannequin and was about to play an international game. And it wasn't just his skills that improved. You saw it in his eyes. He was determined and focused.
'He got a whole lot stronger...' you thought.
You looked at the mannequin you've been practicing on, then at yourself. You realized how tired you were and just stood there, panting. You began to check your arms, your legs, the way your clothes fitted your body.

"Huh? (L/n)-chan?" Kurita turned to you.
"What are you doing?" Monta raised an eyebrow.
"I don't look any different." you said.
"Huh?"
"You'd think that after months of hardcore training. It'd pay off."
You didn't show it, but your teammates could tell by your voice. You were bummed out.
"(L/n)-chan..."
"Heads up." you heard Hiruma say.
"Huh- WOAH!" you turned around just to see a dumbbell being thrown at you.
You tried to back away but in the end you had to catch it. It took the air out of your stomach but it was a successful catch.
'So heavy!'