2 - Kahan Shuru Kahan Khatm

Dear readers, here's the latest update on TPCL. I hope you're enjoying the new twist in Arshi's story.

Khushi POV

This morning I felt like walking on the clouds. My happiness knew no bounds. When I entered the office my face was almost glowing. At least that is what Lavanya Kashyap, the PA of Arjunji stated. Well, most of the staff is aware of my crush on Arjun Kirloskar. But everyone thinks I am insane to even think about it in my imagination. Even Arnav Sir's manager, Aman Mathur, passed me a look when I grinned like a lunatic while walking through the corridor. Par kya karein, pyaar kia to darna kya.
(Everything is fair in love & war).

I knew that Arjunji would show up today. After that spell, he will feel the urge to catch a glimpse of my beauty. Haaye! Devi Maiyya why are my cheeks turning red at the very thought? Oh my. However, my jolly mood was spoiled by Arnav Singh Raizada and his tantrums. When I entered his cabin to give him the updates he had one of his 'episodes'. He watched my anklets as if they were an alien of some sort. Mr. Raizada kept complaining about loud noises.

Ye to hona ho tha. Being a workaholic turns a person insane soon. He ordered me to leave and I happily complied, because I wanted to meet Arjunji. My heart thudded in excitement. I am sure the spell would make him feel a pull towards me. Like a moth to a flame, Arjun Kirloskar will find a way to reach me. His soulmate. Being a spellcaster is so much fun. Thanks for this blessing Devi Maiyya. I am proud to be a part of this legacy.
(This was obvious).

Strangely enough, Arjunji did not show up at all. But I did not give up. As soon as lunchtime began I shot up from my cubicle to head to the office cafeteria, in hopes of finding him over there, but at the same second Mr. Mathur came up to me with an urgent file. Half-heartedly, I passed him a smile and nodded listening to his words. A few minutes later I felt eyes on me. I looked everywhere, but there was no one around. Until my eyes shifted to the first floor. Like a hawk prepared to kill his prey, Mr. Raizada's eyes were on me. Why is he staring at me like that? Aman Sir did not notice and held my shoulder to draw my attention. The very second I focused on Mr. Mathur a loud bang startled all of us present on the ground floor. Horrified by my Boss' gesture, a gasp escaped my lips. Whispers reached my ears. Arnav Sir moved away from the window but the rest of the staff were gossiping while glancing in my direction.

Arnav POV

Something is wrong with me. I cannot help but think about Khushi Kumari Gupta. Last night I compared the greenery with her dress. This morning her anklets sharply echoed in my ears. And right now watching her talk to my manager, Mathur, did not please me at all. The sight is making me feel strange. It is weird. As if another man has no right to stand beside her.

What the hell?!? I shake my head, at the stupidity of my thoughts. Seriously? What happened to my happy mood? Where has my enthusiasm to find something new, big and challenging? Why am I thinking about that idiot Gupta of all the people? I don't do love and relationships. I hate the sight of Ms.Chirpy Gupta. She is not my type. And this is not her first day in my office. Then how come after dealing with this trouble for eight long months, today I cannot get her out of my head?

I must say this woman is observant because after a while I had her attention. Just like me, even she could not understand the reason behind my strange behaviour. And then a burning sensation twisted my insides. My manager held her shoulder. She turned back to face Aman. However, my mind was stuck on the image in front of me. Like a social media reel. On a loop. I could not digest it. Aman touching Khushi Gupta bothered me. A little too much.

Suddenly my control slipped. Involuntarily my palm banged against the glass-to-ceiling windows. The sound was loud enough to draw everyone's attention. Every eye met mine. Perplexed and terrified, just like me. My reaction shocked me to the core. The unwanted audience below made me restless. Slowly like a wounded animal I retreated and drew the blinds to have privacy. Exhausted by my behavior I sat down, leaning against the chair.