captain America

The first thing I did, after leaving the McLaren hospitality, was to call Logan. We will be working together. Well kinda.

"Hello Lia? Is everything okay.." he asked. We usually inform each other whenever we want to call so it was a reaction to be expected.

"I go the job captain America. I'll be seeing you more often.." I said and smiled as I was walking back to the place Charles had parked at.

"Wait actually? That's brilliant, we should celebrate it. Have you told the others yet..?" he asked from the other line.

"No, I wanted you to be the first person who knows. Charles dropped me here and now he's going to pick me up and drive me back to the hotel.." I said.

"That's still amazing Amelia. Your job will get the recognition it deserves. Well I'll see you soon then. Should I inform the others..?" he asked again with a relaxed tone.

"Yes let them know. I can't call all of you personally. Consider that a princess treatment because you did good at the race.." I said and chuckled.

I heard him scoffing from the other line. "Come on, it's not like that. I didn't mean it that way.." I added, trying to make it up to you.

"No I am just playing. I hope you brought nice clothes with you miss.." he said and giggled a little.

"What do you have in mind Sargeant.." I asked. "I am not going to spoil the surprise Hart.." he said and hanged up.

Should I take it as a threat? After some awkward walking, this place is huge, I finally made my way back to Charles' black Ferrari which was waiting for me.

"Took you long enough. Was it worth it at least..?" he asked right as I opened the door. "You tell me mister positive thinker.." I said as I sat beside him.

"So you got the job. See I told you that you would get it.." he then said and we both smiled.

"I have to inform my friends, Ophelia and Grace but they don't know that we know each other.." I pointed out after some minutes of awkward silence.

"Just send them a video saying that a random dude picked you up and then show me.." Charles said proudly and grinned.

"It actually sounds like a good idea. I'll try it.." I said and just clicked on the camera icon on my phone. I quickly filmed a video and sent it to our group chat.

I turned my phone off after and enjoyed the rest of the ride. Charles drives so effortlessly. It felt like we were flying.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at the hotel. I took a quick shower after arriving at my hotel room. I came back to a phone full of notifications.

Logan had texted me. Arthur had texted me. Charles had texted me. The girls had texted me. Everyone had texted me. I didn't know from where to start.

I placed my phone on my nightstand and began getting ready. When it comes to skincare and makeup at least.

I need to talk to Logan. I don't know what I am supposed to wear. I tapped onto his contact name again and called him.

"What's up again. You are supposed to be getting ready.." he said with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Well I can get ready if I don't know where I am going.." I said, returning the energy.

"It's a club okay. But like, one of the clubs that celebrities go to. You'll probably get to meet some other drivers.." he said.