Chapter 9: Losing Everything

It was now two nights to Halloween in Gotham and everyone was getting ready for the big night. Children getting their trick or treating costumes ready, teenagers getting scary movies and popcorn while others were interested in throwing eggs and toilet paper at things like trees or on the cars of people they didn't like. The adults making sure that their houses were decorated for the night and that they had enough candy to give out to those who were trick or treating. Yet for the Gotham police, Batman and the city's district attorney they were all still working hard to try and solve a murder and stop a gang war from tearing the city apart. Harvey sighed as he sat in his chair at his office. Loosening his tie a little more to where he almost had it removed entirely from his usual three peace suit. His jacket hung over the back of the chair while several buttons of his shirt where undone. He glanced at the photos in the file, seeing the images of all the blood on the floor of one room and the bathroom wall of another. The police having concluded a long while ago that with the couple they were both shot in the head, looking like one was trying to hide from the killer while the other was caught off guard completely. He then glanced at the photos in the other file showing how at a restaurant that was owned by a crime family and frequented by both the family and those they did business with the walls had been riddled with bullet holes. The police, Batman and Harvey himself seeing that it was a drive by shooting meant to kill as many people inside as possible. Yet the district attorney had a feeling in his gut that the two incidents were somehow connected. "Come on Harvey. Time you went home..." Gordon said as he stood outside Harvey's office. Looking just as tired as he was. Telling the district attorney that if they didn't go home to the women who loved them then they both would need the dark knight's help in avoiding both Barbra's and Teo's wraths. "...your sadly right there. I want to protect her from all this so much...I can tell something is taking a tole on her" Harvey said. Knowing his girlfriend was hiding something yet didn't know if it was putting her in danger from Falcone's men.

He left the police precinct and drove home to the apartment. Entering the apartment to see that it was quiet with only faint news reports coming from the TV while snoring came from the other room. He went into the living room and saw that his girlfriend Teo had fallen asleep waiting for him. Turning to the TV to see stuff on the news surrounding the Falcone crime family and he scowled seeing the scarred face of Carmine himself. He silently vowed to protect her from Carmine calling him a monster, even if it meant killing him, yet for a few moments he wondered if the thought was his own or someone else's. He turned off the TV scooped her sleeping form into his arms. Glancing over at the kitchen to see that a coffee cup and some dishes needed to be washed and a note from her brother was laying on the counter. Guessing that Jack was out yet wanted to go to sleep himself. Taking her to their bedroom before placing her down and quietly taking off his suit, Joining her under the covers before he too joined her in sleep as well. More days past and while the killings continued, they seemed to happen on holidays. The media quickly calling the person at large as the holiday killer while the police just called him holiday for short. The victims being not only those from the Falcone crime family but also others who Batman and Gordon had discovered all came from the same high school in Aberdeen. Gordon revealing that the former students didn't partake in things like drugs or alcohol, yet some had gotten into trouble for bullying several students at the time they attended. As the days and nights bled into each other, Harvey spent more and more time away from his girlfriend. Missing her tough and kissing her lips. Part of him wanting to go even further. Yet he knew he had a job and responsibilities to the people of Gotham and didn't want to let them down because he wanted personal time with his girlfriend instead. Something else in the back of his mind disagreeing.

One night changed when the three seemed to finally catch a break with one of Falcone's men being arrested for an illegal weapons deal at the docks at the docks as whispers also came out that the holiday killer might have been one of Falcone's own men. Sal Maroni doing the usuals of a crime family underling and telling the cops to be careful with his expensive suit and that he would be out soon with even Batman being sorry that they arrested him. Harvey joined Batman at the scene and they looked at all the money that was being dealt with by the crime family and both of them knew how dirty the crime family was. Harvey imagining as he looked at all the money that it was probably used to bribe everyone who could dare lay a finger on them from the police to politicians themselves, yet a part of him soon asked himself what his life would be like if him and Teo had that much wealth, to be on the same level as his best friend Bruce Wayne as he'd probably never have to work for a while if he didn't want to. Both himself and the woman he loved living in luxury where it was just them and their love for each other. Batman quickly pulling the district attorney out of his thoughts by saying they either hand the money over to the authorities, despite the risk of it falling again into Falcone's hands, Carmine's poisonous tendrils sticking into a lot of Gotham and the district attorney and the dark knight to stop him the right way. The other option being that they made sure the money disappeared. The dark knight taking out a coin and doing a simple game of heads or tails. "You know this game is how I got my girlfriend? I didn't think it would be used for this" Harvey said. The coin was soon flipped and it landed on the result for destroying the money before Harvey left going back home. A news report soon telling everyone in Gotham that one of Falcone's warehouses was on fire.

Harvey arrived back home to his apartment, the district attorney sighing before he started to smile, imagining now that if they both wanted to they could make out or even try to have a child. Yet his imaginations were quickly stopped when he heard the sound of crying and retching in the bathroom. "Teo, It's okay now...I'm right here baby..." Harvey said, rushing over to the bathroom and seeing the woman he loved looking upset and like she might throw up. Harvey asked what was wrong and she just hugged his suited frame tightly with tears starting to fall on his jacket. "...please stay with me tonight" the brunette whimpered. Harvey telling her that he wasn't going anywhere yet she said she thought he'd leave, choosing his job over her if the police wanted him to help them. The thought making the district attorney's heart break as he felt that he'd always loved her and finally found the one he was meant to be with. "Teo, I know I haven't been around as much as we both wanted to, and I'm sorry...but this job, it isn't forever...I want to give you so much love..." Harvey said. Looking into her eyes and cupping her cheeks. Telling her that he truly loved her and said he was having a lot of restraint from wanting to go all the way with her. His words making her giggle and blush as she felt that she wanted the same. The two of them sharing a kiss that slowly became more heated before he asked if she wanted to watch a movie or do something else with him in bed. Part of his mind wanting to kiss her just the way he did back in his office. Suddenly an explosion tore through the apartment, shattering windows on both the floor above and the floor below where they lived, The two quickly being sent to hospital with part of the district attorney wanting to get revenge on who he saw as responsible, all while he sat in his hospital bed half covered in shadow.

A few days went by with Harvey and Teo moving back to the apartment she used to live in from before the two started dating. A lot of their stuff bring gone. Yet they were both okay and not all of their stuff was lost. Harvey asked if Jack would be okay not having a guest bedroom anymore and her brother just told him that he was glad they were both not dead along with him going to a hotel before going back to Star City. Adding that he was sure Harvey would put Maroni and the rest of the Falcone crime family away and even said that he didn't lose his Bowhunter Security uniforms in the explosion. Teo felt a little sad that her brother was leaving. Hoping that their mum wouldn't give him too much grief, but what she saw one night sent chills down her spine. Having a nightmare where Harvey was killed by Falcone and left broken hearted and alone. "Are you sure you have to go to court Harvey? they tried to blow us up" Teo asked as Harvey was getting ready to go to court and prosecute against Maroni. Harvey replied that Gordon advised he leaves early for the trial since the attempt the crime family did, before he added that he thought Carmine was after him more because he was working with Batman. He picked up his briefcase and turned around to say goodbye to his girlfriend. Only for her to kiss him and he could feel the kiss being full of lust and desire. Harvey feeling a smirk on his face as he quickly started to kiss back, yet it almost felt like someone else was kissing her and wanted to ignore the trial all together. Harvey wondering what was going on before he guessed maybe it was just himself getting frustrated at how little time he had to give her so much affection. He kissed her more and more hungrily. Dropping his briefcase and pulling her closer to him. The two soon going over to the couch yet he made himself stop. Feeling like he was losing control of himself. 

"Baby I have to leave...but I really don't want to. Once he's taken out, and I will take him out...we can start a family" Harvey said, wanting to hold her a little longer. liking how close she was to him yet knew he still had responsibilities to Gotham. The brunette asked if they could continue to go further when they got back, her cheeks blushing faintly yet her eyes were clouded by lust. "We certainly will..." Harvey smirked, saying they could continue where they left off as soon as he got back from the trial. The district attorney kissing her on the forehead one last time before he got up from the couch, fixed his suit in the mirror and took his briefcase with him as he left. Neither of them knowing that Teo was right to be worried about how the trial would go.