002~ᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ?

Harry hurried to the door to fetch the mail. His eyes fell upon two letters, one bearing his name and the other addressed to Elizabeth. While he dutifully handed the remaining mail to Vernon, he kept a firm hold on these two letters, a glimmer of anticipation sparking in his heart.
Without wasting a moment, Harry presented their letters to his twin sister, observing the disbelief in her brown doe-eyes. Dudley, ever watchful, noticed Harry's possession and swiftly seized the letters from his grasp.

"These are ours," Harry declared as Dudley handed them over to his father. Vernon and Petunia shared an uneasy glance, studying the letters before Vernon chuckled and said laughing, "Who will be writing to you?"

They continued to receive a ceaseless stream of letters day after day. And without fail, Vernon persisted in his wicked endeavor to burn and obliterate those letters, grinning malevolently with each act of destruction.

"Why is today a good day, Dudley?" Vernon inquired of his son, who simply shrugged in response. "Ah, Sundays, the blessed reprieve from the insufferable intrusion of mail," Elizabeth retorted, her countenance displaying clear annoyance.
"Youre so right, Lizabeth," Vernon exclaimed triumphantly.

Elizabeth gazed through the window and beheld an owl gracefully soaring across the sky, igniting a subtle smile upon her face.

Suddenly, without warning, a torrent of letters intruded upon the sanctity of the abode, inundating the surroundings with their ceaseless presence. Vernon, Petunia, and Dudley, consumed by panic, unleashed a cacophony of shrieks and cries, their desperate attempts to evade the letters proving futile.

Meanwhile, the twins, standing atop the table, endeavored to apprehend a single missive, defying the overwhelming deluge.

"That's it! We're going away! Far away, where they can't find us!", Vernon shouted.

~~~~

It was a dark night, with the rhythmic crash of the waves resounding against the shore, creating a symphony of soothing yet powerful sounds. Harry and Elizabeth nestled on the cold floor, enveloped in a small, cozy blanket, seeking solace in each other's warmth. With his finger, Harry sketched a birthday cake on the sand, decorating it with an inscription that read "Happy Birthday, Ellie."

A radiant smile graced Elizabeth's face as she gazed upon her brother's artistic creation. Inspired by his thoughtfulness, she added eleven candles to the cake, affectionately inscribing the words "and Harry" beneath, symbolizing the bond that connected their hearts.

"I love you so much, Ellie!" Harry gently murmured to his beloved twin sister. "I love you too, Harry," she whispered in response.

"I feel dark times coming upon us, something I can't explain, I've just got this feeling." Elizabeth admitted, her voice carrying an air of sorrow. Harry regarded his sister with understanding eyes, his heart heavy with empathy.

"Do you promise to always stay together, help and protect each other?" she softly implored. "I promise, Ellie," Harry vowed, his voice marked by determination, "Always" . "and forever," Elizabeth tenderly added.

With those heartfelt words hanging in the air, the siblings enveloped each other in a warm embrace, their eyes closing in unison.

~~~

A resounding explosion reverberated through the air, startling all who were present. With a swift motion, someone forcefully lifted the door off its hinges. Aunt Petunia, consumed by anxiety, let out a fearful cry, while uncle Vernon, his hands trembling, positioned himself in front of his wife, gripping a firearm. Dudley, as the coward he was, sought refuge behind his parents. Meanwhile, Harry and Elizabeth hid behind a wall, observing the scene with great caution.