STRANGE FEELINGS

'Rickie is acting strange. He won't look at me. Did I do something I shouldn't have done?' Remains of every creature that was before are discarded over the road. 'It's gross.' Mom continues thrashing her baseball bat on an already blown out corpse, grunting.

" Mommy. It's dead. You can stop now." I situate my body on an abandoned flat bed of a construction truck. My eyes wander to Rick, furrowing both eyebrows in deep thought. Floyd pokes my calf using his rifle, asking a silent reservation of why I am quiet.

" You 'right, kiddo. I saw you and captain patriot being friendly. Do I need to take him out. Break your heart? Just say the word, he'll be taken care of."

I plaster on the fakest smile I could bring myself to give and convince Floyd. " I don't know what you are talkin' bout. Everything is alright." He didn't believe anything that leaves me, but I uncommunicatively plead for him not to further ask. Floyd, understanding, sighs. " Sweetheart. You're crying." He musters out quietly. 'No I'm not.. oh no. I am.' This is stupid, why is this happening right now. I didn't want mom to see me. I use the material of my jacket polishing off tear stains.

" Harley. Hey. It's dead, that's enough. Come on." Mom pauses her moving. Her eyes lifting off and away to stare at Floyd. " What? I saw it flinch. I think. Baby are you cryin'? Who made my baby girl upset." I didn't want mom seeing me like this. I hate having this feeling. 'I sound like a whining child.'

" Just don't worry about it, Mom. It's.. fine. Nothing to be concerned about." If it's any correlation I have no reason or right to believe there would be a chance I could have Rick. I'm a lowly criminal, I didn't need to have Bruce Wayne's intellect and knowledge for that statistic. 'I'm nothing' boomer strolls forward, towards El Diablo, a scornful scowl residing on his battered face. " You were some help, princess." Here we go.

" It's better this way. Trust me." Santana conjures a fiery satanic skull, from inside of his hand. He has pyrokinesis, in a basic sense of controlling fire. He's a meta-human. Boomerang taunts, mocks Diablo. " Right. You are the fire block. Hey." I roll my eyes. There wasn't a single reason for him being an asshole. " Well, Lookee here." He ignites a flame out of an old lighter. " It's fire. Whoo!".

" Just stop, Boomer. Please. There is no need for that." I say, coming to El Diablos defence. Mom rubs her hand in a up and down motion on my left arm. Santana nods, distinctive, appreciative of me speaking up. Boomerang kisses his teeth, scoffing out loud intentionally wanting to draw attention on himself.

Floyd stood a couple of inches next to me, eyeing boomer. He goes to open his mouth wanting to snark but retracts snapping his eyes down on the rubble road. " Brief said this was a terrorist. Mind explaining what is actually going on here, Flag?" GQ questions. 'If he's trying to be discreet he isn't accomplishing it.'

" If I told you, would you believe me?" Rick curtly replies. Adrienne, who I didn't hear come from behind after scoping out if there is creatures left alive, startles me to have Rickie question with his eyes if I was alright. " What were they? Colonel. They're nothing I have encountered before. I've seen a lot of shit but those are new." She starts recollecting, indiscreet to mention her previous ethics in her past and encounters. Mom hums. " I agree with ya. These things are hideous." She kicks a piece of the creature using her heel. " I don't know." Rickie answers. Now I knew that was bullshit, he is too secretive. The truth always comes out eventually. Floyd caught on too.

" That is bullshit and you know it, Flag. This guy had on a three thousand dollar watch. Is that.. a person? Was a person? What in the hell was he?" Floyd is asking the right question. How did this all happen? What created these unfortunate things. Rick kept on a stoic, preserved and guarded expression.