I take off my helmet and walk inside. I look around and sigh. Last year at the craziest high school in this state. I wait by the entrance to see if I run into Liam when I see Theo walk by. I try to avoid his eyes but he walks up to me anyway. "Hey, fellow senior."

I can't resist his smile. I glance behind him and see Liam go into his class with Mason following behind him. "What class do you have?" he asks.

I take out my Biology textbook. "AP biology."

"Cool, me too."

I end up walking with him to the class. When I get there, Lydia, Kira, and Scott are already there. As I'm walking by, Lydia stops me by grabbing my wrists. "Okay, two questions and I want complete honesty, okay?" I just nod. "One, why are you walking with that guy?"

"He's an old friend of mine. Next question."

She points her pencil to Scott. "Did you know he was in this class?"

"Yeah, I did. We were both picked for it. What's the problem?"

She just raises her eyebrows and shakes her head. I walk to the back and realize only one seat is left. Next to Theo. I slowly sit and try to be on the far end of the table as possible. The teacher, Mrs. Finch, walks in and starts off with questions. She asks about plasmids. "They are circular, self-replicating DNA molecules often used in cloning proteins," Lydia replies with ease.

Mrs. Finch asks her what vitamin is absorbed in the stomach via parietal cell production of a glycoprotein. Lydia doesn't know. "B-12," I reply.

I can tell Lydia is surprised I knew while she didn't. Mrs. Flinch asks Scott if he knew the answer. He says he didn't. She then asks him about his number one college pick which he says it's UC Davis. "It's the best school on the west coast for biological and physical sciences. You're in the right class if that's what you want. "Who else in the room believes they are in the right class."

Theo raises his hand and I raise mine with a smile and scoff. A few others also raise their hand. "There will be a test to help you determine if you should be in this class and you have two weeks to drop it if you decide you shouldn't."

I open my textbook when my vision flashes, unexpectedly. I see one of the other seniors, Tracy. Her eyes are glowing like a werewolf. A Beta. She has fangs and claws. The whole nine yards. Then I see her throwing up a black fluid, the same fluid that covered the man last night. She holds up the black feather of a raven. Before I can see anything else, I flash back and fall out my chair. I begin coughing. It was like I was punched in the stomach or something is blocking my airway. Probably the second one. I would cough for a while then take in a sharp gasp of breath. "Scarlett?" Scott says.

When I try to speak, the cough gets worse. "She can't breath!" I hear Theo yell.

"Get her some water," Mrs. Flinch says.

"That won't help."

I feel someone pick me from the floor. The scent isn't Scott. I look up at a worried Theo. He places an arm under my knees and the other behind my back. He rushes me out the room. I try to control my breathing but a cough fights me every step of the way. I hear Stiles, out of nowhere, yell, "Dude, what the hell!?"

He tries to take me but Theo tightens his hold. "Something's wrong."

I hear Scott come running down the hall. "I got her pump! Get her over a trash can!"

Theo carries me to the boy's locker room where there are freshmen. They're all confused. "Move!" Theo yells.

They put me over a trash can and force me to take a few hits of my asthma pump. The last time, I think I'm fine. I try to get up but a cough returns, except worse. I let out one huge cough and I puke in the trash can. It comes all at once. No breathing breaks. Once it all over, I wipe my mouth and my fingers get smudged with a black liquid. The same liquid Tracy threw up. All the freshman are all gathered around, terrified. I see Liam push through the crowd and hand me some napkins. I hesitate to take them. He kneels down and wipes my mouth gently. "Liam, I-"