xv. Fools and Sweets

The end of the match brought about weird yet pleasant surprises, of which included the whole Nosei Junior High's soccer team and their coach to bow down towards you. They have proclaimed you as King of the Jungle due to your scream and the match, but you rejected that title. You lived in the city. Not the jungle.

Nonetheless, this rejection didn't deter them from telling that you could visit them, and it didn't deter them from handing their snacks over to you either, with each snacks represented the type of animals they were inspired off. At first, one part of you wanted to reject it, but then another part of you ⸺ the foodie part of you ⸺ wanted to accept it. Not only that, the team was all giving you the sparkly eyes.

And so, here you were in the caravan, sitting at the back because you needed space for all the snacks you accepted. The number of snacks were big enough that it acted as a cushion when you leaned against them, although not that great of a cushion with all the plastic poking your arms and face.

You then noticed Kabeyama drooling at the snacks.

You stifled a laughter. Randomly picking up a snack from the pile, you handed it over to Kabeyama. "Here, you can have one, Kabeyama-kun."

"Really?!"

You nodded.

Kabeyama's eyes sparkled, and he eagerly took the snack from your hand, thanking you.

You chuckled. Then, you turned to the others, "Does anyone else want one of these?"

There was a resounding yes and you handed out the snacks one by one. There were two ⸺ Domon and Gouenji ⸺ who  turned down the offer. You didn't mind it that much, as you looked over to your remaining piles of snacks, which was still a lot. Damn, they really stashed this away, you thought as you counted that there were about 24 snacks left.

You knew that each of these snacks had an expiry date, so even with your appetite, you couldn't finish all this in one go. While you wondered what to do with them, you received a notification from Tsukimura and Yuukoku.

Tsukimura
Yaho, we just saw the match
Haha, it was cool seeing it!

Yuukoku
It was
You sang as melodious as usual

Your cheeks burned at their compliments. Suddenly, an idea alight in your brain when you glanced between the messages and your snacks.

You grinned.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖༄ ⚽️

The players of Teikoku's Soccer Club all tilted their heads at the sight of their manager entering with a large parcel in his arms.

"Can someone ⸺" their manager grunted "⸺ help me here?!"

Oono Densuke helped carry the parcel. Oono then placed the parcel on the ground so everyone was able to surround it. On the parcel, Kidou noticed a note taped to it.

He knelt and read it aloud:

I got these snacks from Nosei Junior High's team ⸺

"What?" Henmi said.

Kidou ignored him and continued:

I got these snacks from Nosei Junior, and since there was a lot, I figured I'd give it to all of you.

After all, any friends of Genda-kun is a friend of mine.

From,
Endou [Namae]

Slowly, everyone shared a glance before they looked at the parcel.