iii. To Reopen A Soccer Club

Now, usually, you would always do your best to mask whatever negative feelings you experienced. To be as approachable as the Endou Mamoru. However, with the knowledge that not only are you playing the main role and that role was your favourite character nonetheless, combined with the fact that you are inhabiting the world of Inazuma Eleven, the nerves hit you like a truck.

That hit was painful indeed because by the end of class, you hardly made any friends. The best you could do was muster up a smile and wave, and that was all you did.

I'm sorry, Mamoru-chan. A comically small tear glinted in the corner of your right eye. I'm not as brave as you in approaching people I don't know, unless I'm desperate for money or food.

Living that poverty-filled, homeless life has made you that way after all.

Now that class had ended, you had walked out of the classroom. You made your way to the fields. Gazing out at it, filled with a few students here and there, you remembered that you needed to form a soccer club. Thus, turning away from there, you began trying to find that classic shed from the anime.

Soon enough, you found it. The state was unlike the anime. It wasn't coated in its white and green paint and was left in its bare, wooden state. You sweated at the sign that seemed to barely hold on with its screws on the door.

I'm ... going to have to find some money to fix that up, don't I...?

.𖥔 ݁ ˖༄ ⚽️

You knocked on the principal's office door.

When you heard a come in, you replied, "pardon the intrusion" before you entered in. Now, while you expected to meet the principal, you did not expect to meet with the daughter of the chairman soon. And as much as you wanted to ignore her, Raimon Natsumi's presence (and stare on you) was a little bit too strong.

"How may I help you?" the principal asked.

Before you knew it, you were stuttering, "W-w-well, s-sir, m-may I f-form a club?"

From the corner, Natsumi raised an eyebrow at your trembling form. After all, she knew that the principal was a kind man. He hardly ever raised his voice against the students.

"Oh, what kind of club?"

"I-it's a s-s-s-soccer club, s-sir." You quickly inhaled and exhaled. "M-may I form one?"

"Oh, you don't need to form one."

"I ⸺ I don't?" You tilt your head.

"Haha, you don't need to. We have actually had a soccer club since long ago. It just hasn't reopened in a while."

Dang it, you forgot about that detail. The anime mentioned it in bypasses with Someoka and Handa. "S-so, c-can I reopen it?

"Of course you can. You just need to find students to join the club. A maximum of 5."

"Ah, I ⸺ I understand!"

Stiffly, you bowed, turned around, walked to the door, opened it, said, "Thank you for giving your time," then closed the door.

There was a moment of silence before the principal commented, "Quite shy, isn't she?"

Natsumi smiled wryly.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖༄ ⚽️

Mayhaps just standing around with a sign, instead of shouting, "Would you like to join" like the other club booths, wasn't such a good idea. By the end of the day, no one ever came up to you and said, "I'd like to join."