For Tomorrow

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

She's a twentieth century girl
Holding on for dear life
And so we hold each other tightly
And hold on for tomorrow
For Tomorrow by Blur
______________

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Ivy took pride in her love for music, at the age of 22, she was living the life many broke university students wanted. Although that was her first a small time, she enjoyed going where she wanted and living her life. Dropping out of university was a big thing, but trying to go to university for Journalism with the rise of social media and the fear of talking to others was a large mistake for someone like Ivy.

It left Ivy to be a free spirit, although she did work in the odd place. She often worked at the local independent café when they were understaffed, being very well acquainted with the older couple who owned it. She would often fill in for the couples grandkids when they were ill or back at university.

It was a small pay, but enough to manage rent and the concerts she wanted to attend. It could be the dream life, but sometimes it was just a little useless.

Often filling the girl with a sense of dread, thinking about she's dug herself into a hole with no qualifications and her only work experience being in a café and the local New Look. Not something that many employers were looking for.

Her friend Evie once suggested for her to try pole dancing to which she laughed in her face.

The girl had no rhythm what so ever and was quite possible the clumsiest person on earth. Meaning she'd probably trip and headbutt the pole face first leaving her in a deathly state before even starting the career.

Her Mum told her she'd benefit just getting a job at McDonald's, which was deeply considered, especially due the money she wanted, but she just couldn't fathom walking in such a greasy environment all the time.

The thought of being greasy irked her, therefore she never went for the job.

There was many benefits to the life she lived, one of these was the best friend she made along the way.

One random Tuesday she was at a blur concert in London, There was a girl next to her who as soon as Damon Albarn set foot in front of her, she did not stop screaming. A very real reaction for THE Damon Albarn.

The Brunette girl has a sign that read 'pls play for u' it was quite a small sign but it succeeded and the girl got what she wanted.

Ivy wasn't sure how that formed their friendship but at the end of the concert they discussed their love, the girl next to her receiving the set list to which she almost fainted from excitement. Not to mention when Damon actually acknowledged her which nobody was expecting, but it was the start of a life long friendship that Ivy wouldn't trade for anything.

The girls didn't always see eye to eye when it came to concerts, like when Ivy asked to go see Liam Gallagher, Evie refused saying she can't see the enemy of Blur.

It was quite silly really, so Ivy went alone and enjoyed it just as much.

A concert is a concert at the end of the day

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘