1

The Madrigal family is sitting at the breakfast table. Pepa is seemingly uncomfortable while Felix is quiet. The whole family is concerned about the couples weird behavior but nonetheless don't question it.

A week ago, Alma received a letter from the queen in the neighboring village. The letter stating that The Queen wishes for Alma's grandson to marry her daughter. Alma discussed it with his parents and came to an agreement that they'll agree to it but only if Camilo is ok with this decision. After all this will be his future.

Everyone tense due to Pepa and Felix's uncomfortableness pay attention to Alma as she clears her throat for their attention. She starts her monologue by addressing the Queen and her late husband in the neighboring village in which the entire family sorrows for his family in empathy. She then talks about the letter she recieved from the queen.

"Alma,
I'm the queen in your neighboring village and i have a proposal. My husband recently passed and I can no longer rule due to a traditional rule passed on throughout our dynasty. My son; Andrés will have his coronation in a few months but his sister, my daughter; Y/n, must get married in case something happens to him and he can no longer rule. She's 15 and almost of age. Would your grandson be willing to marry my daughter when she turns 16?

Sincerely,
Queen Carolina"

"Camilo has to get married?" Mirabel questioned.  While Alma was saying yes Pepa quickly cut her off by saying he doesn't have to and that this is his decision.

Camilo was genuinely very distraught by the idea of getting married before he was a legal adult. Yes it would be helping them but was he willing to give up his teenage years for that?

His family was all discussing this and he just played with his food and spacing out. Felix was the first to notice and asked if he was alright.

"O-oh I'm alright. I'm a bit full though. I'm going to excuse myself." And with that he got up and walked to his room still deep in thought.

What if her personality was bad? What if she took advantage of him? What if he didn't like her or vice versa?

Camilo heard a knock on his door and when he yelled come in he looked at the door and saw his sister walk in. He greeted her and she laid next to him also staring at the ceiling.

"Are you alright?" She asked him. She was worried for her baby brother. He would be getting married before the adult cousins. He simply replied saying he didn't know if he was ready. Dolores just hugged her brother and he hugged her back.

"I'm gonna do it." He said after a few minutes. Dolores looked at him quite shocked and asked for reassurance that's what he actually said. They need someone why not let it be me.

She kissed his head and then told him goodnight after they discussed more about his future spouse with Camilo's full intent on sharing this with his parents in the morning.

He didn't get much sleep throughout the night due to him worrying about the princess but there was no turning back once he gave his Abuela the ok. He was hoping this wouldn't backfire on him and that this would be a decent experience. With several thoughts in his head, he slowly drifted off to sleep.

A/n
I hope you enjoy this story!!!!!

Chapter 2 will be published on May 15th at 9pm!!!

602 words