Nablai's Nebula

After many many years, we've returned in full flow. A Harry Potter here, a Star Wars there, some Pokemons in the air, Lilo and Stitch in another adventure together, along with Arthur on the run; we've covered a wee bit of the creativity ground. This month's sub-genre's vast and profound, much like the scifi going around. We present FanFic Scifi!

May the force be with you! 🤖

The word Fanfic Scifi conjures up images of KPop, BTS, 1D, TaylorSwift universes merged with the scifi characters of Terry Prachett, Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, Isaac Asimov

The word Fanfic Scifi conjures up images of KPop, BTS, 1D, TaylorSwift universes merged with the scifi characters of Terry Prachett, Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, Isaac Asimov. And AO3(Archive Of Our Own) and FFN(Fanfiction.Net). Can't complain though. I've read some of the most amazing works on AO3 in worlds unthought of.

There are claims of the legitimacy of this subgenre. One thing is for sure--fanfic scifi has one of the biggest, largest, audiences out there in the world. People voraciously read and proudly write in Fanfic Scifi. Many writers I know. have started their writing journey writing and dipping their keyboards, cellphones, pens, fingers, quills, fountain-pens in this encompassing subgenre.

Many-a-times Fanfic SF writers aren't given enough credit even though they put a lot of hardwork in their stories just as writers of other genres do. The immersive nature of this amazing subgenre guarantees double enjoyment as we get to explore our beloved characters in unique settings and universes along with new lores. The thorough research allows for surprising plot benefits an extensive explorations of human characteristics. And not to mention--the Fanfic SF ships are absolutely cool!

As we verify the credibility of Fanfic SF, let's consider what this subgenre actually is. By definition, Fanfiction, or fanfic, is a work of creative writing written by fans of TV shows, movies, novels, and video games. Dubbed fandoms, these communities have been around for centuries.

In the Cultural Science Journal article, Henry Jenkins had attributed the origin of fanfiction to the fans of nineteenth-century Belgian inventor Hugo Gernsback, who is generally considered the father of modern fanfiction science fiction. His audiences were inspired by his creativity when he published science fiction stories in popular magazines, They started to write stories of their own, which in turn, led to fans reading each other's work. The result of this was the first Worldcon, or World Science Fiction Convention in 1939, giving rise to a completely new genre. Fanfic SF was here to stay. Forever.

These are the different types:

Canon fics: A canon fic works to keep its story and plotline as close to the original story as possible. In many canon fics, the author retells the original story through the perspective of a new character, shedding light on what may have been going on in that character's mind as the story develops. Canon divergence is another type of canon fic that explains how the original story could have been different if the characters had made different choices during the book or movie.

 Canon divergence is another type of canon fic that explains how the original story could have been different if the characters had made different choices during the book or movie