4. Athleticism At Its Finest (Literally)

Sports day... Saiki drawled in his mind. I was one hundred percent set to skip school, but my parents guilted me into coming here.

"Listen up guys, today is about one thing..." Hairo began. "Us being number one!" He shouted with passion. Atsuki wondered how the guy was already sweating so much.

"Yeah!" The other students cheered.

"God damn it..." Atsuki muttered as he fixed his headband. "Sports day sucks..."

"Yeah. Sports day is so stupid..." Kaidou said before rambling about Dark Reunion and his 'strength.'

We agree on something. Everyone is extra loud today. What a pain.

"Class three go!" Hairo continued before turning to Saiki. "Yo! Saiki! You pumped?!"

Quite the opposite.

"What about you, Atsuki?!" The energetic male questioned Atsuki. The said male shrugged.

"It's fine. Nothin' I'm too excited for."

"I see! But you're quite athletic! You proved yourself the other day! So just let your true ability shine through!" Hairo beamed.

'If I did that, this whole... would be asleep...'

Saiki tilted his head at Atsuki's thought. The red haired male caught his gaze and smiled.

"Strawberry. I would've expected you to skip today." Atsuki said, turning to the psychic. Saiki looked at him.

"I could say the same. Why didn't you skip?"

"Well, I didn't want to miss seeing you today." He casually replied. Saiki was stumped for a moment.

"Our first event— Boy's 100-meter dash!" An announcer called over the loudspeaker.

Great. I'm up first...

"Ah, that's you. Give it your best cutie.~" Atsuki cooed annoyingly.

"Go get em' Saiki!" Hairo said as Saiki crouched down in position. "Win it for class three!"

I'm not trying to win here.

"Set!" A gunshot echoed, and the runners began sprinting.

I can draw the least attention by staying in the middle. Right now I'm in second, so I'll fall back in third.

Saiki ran easily without a sweat. He discreetly drifted back into third place. When Saiki finished the race, his whole class jumped and cheered for him.

"You got third! All the other guys are on the track and field team!" Hairo said. Saiki blanked.

Seriously! I wish I knew that before.

"I'm honestly surprised." Atsuki smirked, throwing an arm around Saiki. "Didn't think small people were fast. But I guess not all of them are." He said, directing his words towards Kaidou who had just finished in last place. The psychic rolled his eyes.

The next event began. Saiki and Atsuki watched as Teruhashi participated in the three-legged race with a random. By participated, it was actually her getting carried by the random. The random only explained himself as an ordinary man who had won an incredibly rare opportunity through rock-paper-scissors. Saiki would only care about how Teruhashi managed to copy everything the ordinary male had thought in his little monologue.

"Let's keep this momentum going, guys!" Hairo said after the two finished the race in first. Obviously due to their cheating.

"Scavenger hunt? Who's doing that?" Nendou questioned dumbly.